Tiger Woods 10 - Play The Pros

Spoff

Tour Rookie
Visit site
For any of you that have TW10 the Play the Pro's tournament will be available from today to play the WGC comp.

If you haven't done the play the pro option before I urge you too.

I 'played' the open recently and as you're playing you get live scores from the tournament flashing up.

Good luck!

User 105

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
ooh, that sounds fun.

I've been thinking of getting this. I have 09 on the PS3. This might be the feature that gets my money :)

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I've just got 10.
The putting is just like the real thing. You want to see the number of 3 putts I'm having!
Even using the "old" method of putting, you have to be a lot more precise than you did on 09.
Good game though
Rob

User 105

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
picked up TW10 yesterday as well.

Damn, that new putting system is tough. I think I 6 putted one green :(

And what's with the starting attributes. I was having trouble reaching the green on some par 4's with a driver and 3-wood. Show me a PGA Pro who hits it that short :D

But power is starting to come up now. Few more rounds and I'll be up at 400 yards again.

Now if only I could putt.

Had a quick go at the play the pro's. Was 12 over after about 13 and then had to pick up the GF. Man that is bad.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
And what's with the starting attributes. I was having trouble reaching the green on some par 4's with a driver and 3-wood. Show me a PGA Pro who hits it that short :D

How the hell do you get your power attribute up a bit quicker???
I've played a few of the challenges and have successfully passed the "power" tests a few times, and taken part in a few tour events in the calendar, hitting most fairways at 106% (use the 3 click system) and yet my power attribute is still only at about 7.4 and I'm struggling, like you, to hit the long par 4's and the longer par 3's.
When I look at some of the "Gamernet" long drives I'm about 100 yards (or more) short of where some of them are ending up!!

User 105

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
On TW09 I remember it took me a while to get my attributes up, but I'm sure it didn't start this low. :mad:

The attributes will increase as you play, and can decrease as well. If you do the practice bit after each round that will give a boost for the next round.

If you have the funds you can also go to the pro shop and buy gear that will also improve them by up to +2.

On TW09 my attributes are pretty much maxed out. Under normal conditions a 100% drive will go 350 yards easily.

What got me last when I had another play was on a couple of holes with a perfectly struck drive with 114% boost I didn't even make the start of the fairway.

Think I've sussed the new putting now. It's not just the power, you have to take it back and forward in a straight line as well to get it to go straight.