This is why free-to-air golf coverage is dying

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
Just seen an article on the BBC website proudly stating that they will be showing the GolfSixes this Friday/Saturday.
They say it will be streamed on the website, on iPlayer, and on the Red Button.

BUT: nowhere do they give any times. The Freeview EPG does not show any golf on the Red Button. Searching on iPlayer for GolfSixes results in "Not Available", and no date when it WILL be available.

No wonder people can't be ar**d to try and watch golf on free-to-air.

r0wly86

Head Pro
Visit site
Took me 2 minutes

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/golf/48396847

How to watch on the BBC

You can watch coverage from both days of the GolfSixes live on BBC Sport online or via Connected TVs and the mobile app – you can also catch up on all of the action via the BBC iPlayer.
Friday 7 June
11:00-17:00 –
BBC Sport online & Connected TVs
Saturday 8 June
11:30-17:00
- BBC Sport online & Connected TVs

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
Took me 2 minutes

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/golf/48396847

How to watch on the BBC

You can watch coverage from both days of the GolfSixes live on BBC Sport online or via Connected TVs and the mobile app – you can also catch up on all of the action via the BBC iPlayer.
Friday 7 June
11:00-17:00 –
BBC Sport online & Connected TVs
Saturday 8 June
11:30-17:00
- BBC Sport online & Connected TVs
Thanks for the link.
After you pointed it out, I tried looking for it on their website and eventually did find it.
I have never before noticed the "Live Guide" icon and for casual users of the BBC website like me, it was pretty well hidden.

It would be so much easier if they had included the link in the article that was posted on their Golf homepage.

r0wly86

Head Pro
Visit site
Thanks for the link.
After you pointed it out, I tried looking for it on their website and eventually did find it.
I have never before noticed the "Live Guide" icon and for casual users of the BBC website like me, it was pretty well hidden.

It would be so much easier if they had included the link in the article that was posted on their Golf homepage.

Yeah the original article is poor, if not giving the times at least put a link to the above webpage