How Come There Is No Mention of Seniors Golf On The BBC?

TogoPresley

Visit site
How can his £1 500 000 or so BBC salary be seen as a "loss leader"?
His value to Walkers directly comes from his constant public platform.

Do you think he works as many hours for Walkers for the £1.5m they pay him as he does for the BBC? And do you think he would be used by Walkers if he had not had the BBC platform all these years?

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
MPs well - they have a tin ear and a brass neck when it comes to accountability - we have one in court this week on a housing fraud charge FFS, but they need to get voted in each election, so the electorate are the judge.
Not in my electorate! With 54% of votes, my MP would have to do something outstandingly dire to be denied re-election!
Yet some criticise BBC for every perceived incident!
Btw. I also believe in 'innocent until proven guilty'! Your view appears somewhat different!

TogoPresley

Visit site
Not in my electorate! With 54% of votes, my MP would have to do something outstandingly dire to be denied re-election!
Yet some criticise BBC for every perceived incident!
Btw. I also believe in 'innocent until proven guilty'! Your view appears somewhat different!

Not sure I follow your logic there - an MP is in court on a housing fraud charge. That's undeniably true. There is no allegation of guilt.
I reiterated the accountability - the MPs are elected in rightly\wrongly by the electorate.

As for your MP - well Amersham was held by the Conservatives with over 60% of the vote until this year - the seat is now with a Liberal on 56%. That's accountability.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
His value to Walkers directly comes from his constant public platform.

Do you think he works as many hours for Walkers for the £1.5m they pay him as he does for the BBC? And do you think he would be used by Walkers if he had not had the BBC platform all these years?

Yes, I understand all that. But, there is no loss-leader!

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
My point was that your insuniation of 'zero accountability' was twaddle!
And that is (still) absolutely correct!
The opinions of NYTP about accountability are absolutely irrelevant! If you check your own references, you would see that there was action taken by BBC management! But if NYTP opinions (that are probably far less regimented/controlled - so probably demonstrate individual bias!) happen to coincide with your own, then have at it!
Personally, I like my opinions to be challenged, though not by the sort of bigots (https://www.google.com/search?q=big...rome..69i57.3256j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8) that you seem to be!

evemccc

Visit site
I'm pretty sure this thread has quickly morphed into an OOB thread..It's certainly not golf related

Golf in general and the Lounge part of this forum in particular is very good for being an antidote to the 'real world' and the rest of the internet...Please help @PhilTheFragger

SammmeBee

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm pretty sure this thread has quickly morphed into an OOB thread..It's certainly not golf related

Golf in general and the Lounge part of this forum in particular is very good for being an antidote to the 'real world' and the rest of the internet...Please help @PhilTheFragger

Maybe shows you how insignificant Seniors golf is…….

evemccc

Visit site
Maybe shows you how insignificant Seniors golf is…….

Meaningless statement if you're not going to provide any context..

The prize money at the Senior Open, the levels of financial sponsorship and the number of attendees of senior golf are three reasons why the contrary to what you've said is true. It would dwarf many or most of the sports at the Olympics - skateboarding anyone?
It's significant to people (attendees) and corporations who put up the sponsorship which generates prize money, indicating it is in fact 'significant'

SammmeBee

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

The prize money at the Senior Open, the levels of financial sponsorship and the number of attendees of senior golf are three reasons why the contrary to what you've said is true. It would dwarf many or most of the sports at the Olympics - skateboarding anyone?
It's significant to people (attendees) and corporations who put up the sponsorship which generates prize money, indicating it is in fact 'significant'

I said Seniors golf….not just the one off decent event….but how many actually attended (very few)….who actually ‘sponsored’ the thing at Sunningdale anyway? Hardly a proper meaningful sponsorship is it?!

Crumplezone

Visit site

You clearly don't realise how much money is in skateboarding. There are more professional skateboarders earning a good living then there are professional golfers who make a good living from playing alone.

SteveJay

Head Pro
Visit site

But not "significant" to the general viewing public hence the lack of BBC coverage.

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I said Seniors golf….not just the one off decent event….but how many actually attended (very few)….who actually ‘sponsored’ the thing at Sunningdale anyway? Hardly a proper meaningful sponsorship is it?!
Err.... Rolex, same as the Open and the Rolex Series on the European tour. I think they make watches.

4LEX

Visit site
IMO BBC coverage of golf, when they have it, is fine. It's nor more or less interesting or informative than SKY with the bonus of not having 15 minutes of ads per hour.

Yes back in the day it was brilliant. Allis and Ken Brown was all you needed.

Sky for their faults do a great job covering various tours and the ladies. Just wish they'd put Wayne Riley in the bin where he belongs!