This is getting ridiculous

stevie_r

Tour Winner
Visit site
The amount of thread locking. Why on earth was rosecott's thread locked?

Chris661 - were you bullied at school or something?

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site
It was locked as there was no need for it in the first place it is just trolling. Sorry I never explained my actions to you.

stevie_r

Tour Winner
Visit site
I neither seek nor want explanations from you - could you kindly list the topics that YOU will allow us to discuss?

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site
So because I lock a thread that means I choose what is allowed on the forum? Righto. There are things that happen that you don't see .

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
Chill out Stevie. This isn't your forum, it belongs to someone else. If you don't like it then the worlds your lobster... Calm down and join the fun...

stevie_r

Tour Winner
Visit site
Chill out Stevie. This isn't your forum, it belongs to someone else. If you don't like it then the worlds your lobster... Calm down and join the fun...

TBH I fail to see how Rosecott's thread was insulting or deserving of being virtually instantly locked. The 'this isn't you forum' line is very true - repeat it to yourself slowly, two or three times until it sinks in

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
TBH I fail to see how Rosecott's thread was insulting or deserving of being virtually instantly locked. The 'this isn't you forum' line is very true - repeat it to yourself slowly, two or three times until it sinks in

It doesnt need to sink in. I'm perfectly aware that it's not mine. I remember not setting it up. I haven't seen Rosecott's thread, but if the Mods locked it, then, Unless I want to volunteer to be a Mod, then that's the end of the story. Of course, if you want to volunteer to Mod the forum then that's up to you. I have a suspicion you wouldn't, even if you were entitled to....

Phil2511

Global Moderator
www.britespark.org
No Moderator wants to lock threads, give warnings or infractions. But we volunteered to do a task on behalf of GM.
All any of us can do is try to fulfil that task to the best of our ability.

If a post is reported for being insulting, how else should we deal with it?

We will never be able to keep everyone happy, all we can do is try.

After all we are members too and want to enjoy the site as much as you guys do.

Last edited:

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
The thread was reported for insulting behaviour.

That's the simple truth of the matter.

Stevie, just asking here ... as explained someone was insulted by it ? for the record it wasnt me , doesnt mater who it was realy . so what course of action would you expect from a mod any mod in this case ?

By all means have a go if something is not right , just sus out the situation 1st tho eh?

The 1st line of your post was enough to get you your answer .. not sure whether the 2nd line was meant to be funny or insulting because either way it failed..

Now that its been explained to you , il be interested to read your next post on this . it will speak volumes

Last edited:

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Does this mean that if someone reports a post as insulting the post is infact insulting. I would suggest not necessarily. Surely the Moderator looking into the complaint should make a decision based on reasonability. If they consider the complaint to be unfounded they should inform the complainer of the fact.

Personally I cannot comprehend how the post in question could have been insulting.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Does this mean that if someone reports a post as insulting the post is infact insulting. I would suggest not necessarily. Surely the Moderator looking into the complaint should make a decision based on reasonability. If they consider the complaint to be unfounded they should inform the complainer of the fact.

Personally I cannot comprehend how the post in question could have been insulting.

I have exchanged PMs with a moderator and am quite happy with the action taken - although I was a bit bewildered as I can be very insulting if I try and I can't remember trying. When situations develop rapidly as they did yesterday, moderators have to do their very difficult job on the run. Please remember they are first and foremost forummers and probably don't have the same opportunties for smart remarks as the rest of us as they're too busy trying to keep the peace.

Phil2511

Global Moderator
www.britespark.org
Surely the Moderator looking into the complaint should make a decision based on reasonability. If they consider the complaint to be unfounded they should inform the complainer of the fact.

Basically that's it. We all have to use our own initiative. I didn't find it insulting personally to me but the person who did had a valid reason, which was obvious to me once they made me aware. On the other hand I have not actioned reported posts because the person reporting was just doing so out of spite. Which is established based on known previous issues between the poster and the reporter.
If a genuine valid unbiased reason is given then it is easy to make a decision.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Basically that's it. We all have to use our own initiative. I didn't find it insulting personally to me but the person who did had a valid reason, which was obvious to me once they made me aware. On the other hand I have not actioned reported posts because the person reporting was just doing so out of spite. Which is established based on known previous issues between the poster and the reporter.
If a genuine valid unbiased reason is given then it is easy to make a decision.

Thanks Phil. That explains nicely.

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm with Stevie.....

Is there a minimum number of people who have to feel insulted before a thread is locked? If one person complained then fair enough. Or are you with Stevie on the "this isn't your forum" comment? Is it your forum? Someone else owns it, and they make the rules. You have 3 choices. 1. Abide by them. 2. Constructively criticize them and hope to influence a change or 3. moan about them....

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site
Is there a minimum number of people who have to feel insulted before a thread is locked? If one person complained then fair enough. Or are you with Stevie on the "this isn't your forum" comment? Is it your forum? Someone else owns it, and they make the rules. You have 3 choices. 1. Abide by them. 2. Constructively criticize them and hope to influence a change or 3. moan about them....

Seems to be moaning about them is the preferred option. There is also another option of ignore it.

SammmeBee

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So if I comment then I will be chastised but if I don't those that have 'the power' will feel that they are right - which in fact they always are, whether I agree or not.

To be honest, I feel insulted when a 28 handicapper think the regular shaft in his sand wedge rather than a stiff one is the root cause of his scoring problems, as opposed to him actually just having no real golfing ability (hence the handicap) and lessons would probably be a far better solution....should I complain about such nonsense posts?

Forums are for discussion, learning, banter and fun - the last word being the most important....don't take the fun away....