This is getting ridiculous

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
I have exchanged PMs with a moderator and am quite happy with the action taken - although I was a bit bewildered as I can be very insulting if I try and I can't remember trying. When situations develop rapidly as they did yesterday, moderators have to do their very difficult job on the run. Please remember they are first and foremost forummers and probably don't have the same opportunties for smart remarks as the rest of us as they're too busy trying to keep the peace.

Who are you, and what has happened to the real Rosecott ?:confused::)

Phil2511

Global Moderator
www.britespark.org
SammmeBee

The basic simplicity of the thing is this.
IPC MEDIA
|
MikeH GM Editor
|
|
Forum Members

MikeH posted last month the rules of the forum and appointed new Moderators to assist the existing team.
All moderators are given guidelines to follow. Which we try to adhere to as best we can.
Certain situations we will seek advice of each other and go with those decisions based on majority opinion.
If we are unable to reach a decision for whatever reason then we seek advice from above namely MikeH.

When the 2 members were given infractions and then auto banned by the system he was made aware of the situation. So you can rest assured that all moderator decisions are made based instructions set out for us.

You also mention fun, I can tell you I had very little fun on here yesterday with the volume of reported posts and PMs along with numerous threads running. Over 270 emails from GM site from 6:30pm to midnight, the majority all notification alerts in relation to the above. I was not the only one either.

We did volunteer for this so it was expected based on my previous moderating experience. But I think you need to realise that when the person whose thread is removed also backs up the moderators that we obviously are not the Hitler types we get made out to be.

I hope that clears the issue up once and for all.

Regards

Phil