Larger

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
2005 = pretty much the right weight for my height/age.

2008 = 35kg heavier.

Food intake, the same, maybe a little less. Exercise through 2006, very little - first 3 months of 2006, virtually zero.

2007 to today, very similar low exercise levels. How do I affect my weight? I have, twice, reduced portion sizes and cut out the wrong things. Result on both occasions was a decent weight loss.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
OK, I confess.
In Newcastle, about 1983, when absolutely shitfaced. I blame the company I was keeping.

Aha! Well I'm glad you got to experience it! :ROFLMAO:

In all seriousness, I also try and cook from scratch as much as possible. Myself and my wife have Gousto for dinner every week, have done for over 2 years now. Such a great product/ service and some amazing food!

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Me neither. But I realised that food trumps booze for me every time. Indian, Chinese, pizza, Lebanese, sushi, fish & chips... don't need alcohol to enjoy any of them!

I'm with you! Id give up booze tomorrow, doesn't really bother me one bit - I don't drink at home, just socially.

Eating though - give me it alllllll.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
chocolate and biscuits are my downfall. I am currently about 5kg overweight for me. simply down to eating junk (Nice junk!) according to garmin, i average burning 3100/3400 calories per day! So if i could cut the junk, i would be at race weight in no time. I could lose 5kg in 6 weeks if i wanted/needed to.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Me neither. But I realised that food trumps booze for me every time. Indian, Chinese, pizza, Lebanese, sushi, fish & chips... don't need alcohol to enjoy any of them!
I need the booze in order to have daft ideas like ordering take-aways. Otherwise its sensible choices all the time.
So its sensible choices all the time these days.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I need the booze in order to have daft ideas like ordering take-aways. Otherwise its sensible choices all the time.
So its sensible choices all the time these days.
One man's sensible is another man's joyless. I like to enjoy my food. If you actually don't like the taste of takeaway restaurant food then that's fair enough I suppose. But for me to never order them would be depriving myself of one of the joys in life. I can never see food as simple sustenance, I like to taste it.

Reactions: D-S

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
When I look at take-away food, I tend to think that I could prepare/make it better and cheaper. I would be unsure of the salt and sugar content as well.
I would therefore always find it unsatisfying to some degree and not enjoy it as much as stuff I've made.
If its edible, I can eat it. I'm not faddy in the slightest. Really enjoy everything I eat.
It is just a case of what and how much.

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
The answer then to being overweight lies mainly in the increase in average calories consumed since the 1950's has gone up by 20-30%.

This is enticing.
How Reducing Your Weight Can Lower Your Golf Handicap (motivation.ie)

For people who might want to retire to the golf course may also be advised to tighten up their core muscles.
These are found in the abdomen, hips, lower back and pelvis.
Biggest criticism I've heard of older players is they are slow.
4 shots to get to the green then start to line up their putts.

Makes me think golf should be available on the NHS as part of mental and physical health.
It will never happen, or could it?