Thetford Draw, Format and Etiquette

Tiger

Money List Winner
rub-of-the-green.blogspot.com
Well lady and gents here are the details. Format is full handicap, stableford scoring, playing from the yellow tees. There will be prizes (but don't get too excited) for 1st, 2nd and 3rd places as well as nearest the pin 16th and longest drive 13th.

Order denotes playing order from the first tee

Draw

1030 Tiger (27), Bobmac (-), SwingSlow (21)
1038 sJoe (23), teegirl (13), Les (13)
1046 Potor_36 (15), daveyc2k2 (17), viscount17 (20), jammydodger (4)
1054 Plonko (16), CallawayKid (19), pontius69 (5), rob2 (15)

Dress Code

They are very strict on shorts. They MUST be tailored and not have cargo pockets. If in doubt bring trousers with you. Shirts as usual must be collared, polo or turtleneck and tucked in. If you are wearing shorts please wear white sports socks.

Club Etiquette

a) Divots must be replaced and stamped down, all marks are to be smoothed out in bunkers and pitch marks are to be repaired on the greens.
b) Wide-wheeled trolleys only can be used and must not enter the area around the green defined by the white marker strips.
c) Golf Club Bags are not permitted in the changing room or foyer.
d) Please do not change shoes or clothing in the car park
e) Mobile Phones are not to be used on the course or in the clubhouse.

LEEEEETTTTT'S GET REEEAAAAAAADY TO RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMBLE!!!

sJoe

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hi Tiger
Thanks for all the info..lets hope we have good weather. Going to be good fun anyway , looking forward to it.
:) Joe

jammydodger

Tour Winner
Visit site
Probably a stupid question: do we need handicap certs with us?

They always say you will need one but i've never once been asked to produce one in all my years of golf. After all they want your money dont they ;)

daveyc2k2

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I hope we don't as I don't have an official handicap. Mine is calculated through an online calculator (golfshake.com). I can print a cert of sorts out tho. Should I do this just in case?

CallawayKid

Q-School Graduate
www.regimentway.co.uk
No, certs aren't required as Tiger will have filled out the form initially. They take this as a handicap check as the organiser will have checked them...

Looking forward to it, only a week to go and as usual, I'll be duty tail gunner! My chance to romp in with a great score I guess...!!!

CK

Tiger

Money List Winner
Hi Guys, Yes apologies Dave no handicap certs required as I sent them through and it's my responsibility if any of the players turn out to be complete choppers who clearly haven't got a handicap errr....I'l just be spectating then ;)

We do have a slight potential tweak on the draw though. Flarkey can get the time off BUT his missus might go into labour. As the dutiful expectant dad he is aiming to play with us.

As a result he has asked to be included, which means we would revert to five three balls. As the draw was randomised I propose adding him onto the front (phew a local to lead the way) this would mean a change as follows:

Draw

1030 Flarkey (14), Tiger (27), Bobmac (-)
1038 SwingSlow (21), sJoe (23), teegirl (13)
1046 Les (13), Potor_36 (15), daveyc2k2 (17)
1054 viscount17 (20), jammydodger (4) , Plonko (16),
1102 CallawayKid (19), pontius69 (5), rob2 (15)

Is everyone happy with this?

Tiger

Money List Winner
Guys and gal I am getting excited. Not played many golf courses so really excited to plot my way around a new one, especially with the rave reviews Thetford has received. Should be a great craic.

bobmac and flarkey apologies for drawing the short straw of playing with me. Working hard this week to ensure I bring my A game!!!

Fingers and toes crossed for a glorious sunny day