The time has come....

JayPR

Visit site
This weekend I am off to Cornwall for a weekend of golf with some friends!
Now, I have only been hitting a ball for a month.

I have had 3 lessons-Fundamentals, Putting and today, my swing!

I can’t consistently strike a ball and I can hit around 100 yards (I know right, long way to go)

i barely know golf etiquette! Dress codes and where to change shoes is what I have picked up.

I have a lot to learn but I am going to embrace the weekend, losing isn’t a worry. But....

If you could give me one piece of advice, what would it be?

D

Deleted member 16999

Relax and enjoy yourself, if you’re unsure of anything on the course, don’t be afraid to ask your playing partners.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
As Kellfire correctly says, take an extra club and swing it smoothly.
Use your weekend scores as a baseline and that will be your target for the next time you play.
It's the most difficult game in the world, keep expectations realistic.
Enjoy every minute.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Hopefully you mates will keep you right, take plenty balls and don't spend too much time looking for them :Dand don't worry about your score.

We've all been there Jay, so don't worry relax and try and enjoy learning this great but frustrating game (y)

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Take more than plenty of balls!!

Don't try too hard
Don't attempt a 200 yard carry, lay up short
And don't worry about your score

inc0gnito

Assistant Pro
Visit site
As someone who still lacks consistency after 2 years of playing, it’s only when I get home that I realise what I was doing wrong. It’s all too easy during the round to lose your head when things don’t go right. Once that happens you can’t concentrate on what you should be doing. So my advice would be to get a good ‘feel’ for your swing and the shot you want to play before starting or taking a shot. Don’t overthink during the shot itself. If things go wrong, go back to your fundamentals.