The time has come....

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Buy extra balls, especially for the Nicklaus course. Other than that, enjoy, keep the pace of play moving and have fun. We all have to start somewhere and you know the basics so stick to those, and enjoy the trip

JayPR

Visit site
St Mellion Nicklaus is a place that the pros didnt like as they found it tough! :) The Kernow is easier, but not much!

Maybe your mates are winding you up and you're going to Okehampton!

Maybe Trago Mills has a Pitch and Putt!

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I remember watching the Benson and Hedges at St Mellion when I was a 16 handicap. I reckoned I would need to double the amount of balls in the bag if I played there.

Do not worry though if you only hit the ball 100 yards as long as that is a straight 100 yards.

Bxm Foxy

Visit site
I am actually a Devonian (no longer live there). The pasty was invented in Devon and I will tell anyone who listens that fact!
Certainly was, first written mention of pasties was in Devonport. Saying that, the pixies have only been able to read and write for the past 20 or so years :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

Robin Hood

Visit site
It's a game, don't get angry. You will have at least one shot or putt that will make you very happy.
Don't swing too hard, keep it controlled.
Take plenty of balls.
Don't worry about your score.
Enjoy the company.

Robin Hood

Visit site
[QUOTE="HomerJSimpson, post: 1973394, member: 489"]Buy extra balls, especially for the Nicklaus course. Other than that, enjoy, keep the pace of play moving and have fun. We all have to start somewhere and you know the basics so stick to those, and enjoy the trip[/QUOTE]

Golf balls are like eggs. They’re white, sold by the dozen, and a week later you have to buy some more.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
I keep wondering if this thread is a wind-up...

If you have only just started, the Nicklaus Course could beat you up so badly, you might throw your clubs in a pond and never play again... or you could get moved on (or asked to stop) by a Ranger for holding up others...

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
St Mellion Nicklaus is a place that the pros didnt like as they found it tough! :) The Kernow is easier, but not much!

Maybe your mates are winding you up and you're going to Okehampton!

There's nothing wrong with Okehampton, one of the prettiest courses I've played ...................... and quirky, too!

JayPR

Visit site
I keep wondering if this thread is a wind-up...

If you have only just started, the Nicklaus Course could beat you up so badly, you might throw your clubs in a pond and never play again... or you could get moved on (or asked to stop) by a Ranger for holding up others...

Nope!

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Hope you have a great time. Relax, don’t try too hard, keep your expectations low and just enjoy the day out with your mates.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
If those are your first ever rounds of golf then any other course you ever play will be a doddle in comparison.
I agree. There ought to be little bag tags saying "I survived the Nicklaus course". I played it in the summer with rough up and zero margin for error. Didn't think I was playing overly badly but still lost so many balls and was absolutely drained walking off the 18th