The SNIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Me visiting Mum and Dad is not a large house gathering.
Ban large gatherings yes, but a total ban on visiting people is a step too far when they are still allowing people to gather in sizeable numbers in pubs.

Well blame the bloody idiots who can't follow rules. Its only "a step to far as there are brain dead idiots who refuse to adhere to rules. Pubs are a controlled environment.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
On the news today was a story of a house party at the weekend in Midlothian with claims of up to 300 people going. Apparently someone was charging entry.
Madness that people would want to go to something like that even without a pandemic.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
16 is just too young to vote........why not 12?

At 16 you can pay tax, legally marry and join the armed forces. Why should you not have the vote. 12 year olds are very limited in what they can do without their parents consent
More 16 years olds will have a much clearer view of the world than many 86 year olds and they will be voting for their future, not their past.

PS....I smell money;)
https://extranet.nationalgrid.com/RealTime

Last edited:

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
No, I can't, otherwise I wouldn't have said that I think that this is a poor decision. I think it's actually a very weak decision by a government that is afraid, in this instance, to take stronger action.

I see where you are coming from, but SILH makes a point that you seem to not want to acknowledge. And that is that in a house meet up some are no doubt able to break SD rules and not be seen to do so. I.e hugging each other and close contact like that.
So, people like yourself wouldn't do that, whether or not you would be seen to be doing it, but you have to accept that a lot of people, if allowed to be together , will not adhere to the rules as you and some others will.
It is one of those cases where the law abiding have to suffer because of the behaviour of those that think not being found out is the real thing that matters.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
At 16 you can pay tax, legally marry and join the armed forces. Why should you not have the vote. 12 year olds are very limited in what they can do without their parents consent
More 16 years olds will have a much clearer view of the world than many 86 year olds and they will be voting for their future, not their past.

PS....I smell money;)
https://extranet.nationalgrid.com/RealTime

This is a great day in my life. I agree with Doon at last. ?

Mandofred

Visit site
How many 16 years olds....still in school.....are easily influenced by peer pressure? psssst....most.
How many 16 year olds fight in a war?
How many 16 year olds are allowed to buy their own booze?
How many 16 year olds can get their drivers license?
How many young (pick the age on this) pretty well ignored the rules on not partying and helping to spread the virus?
How come the young voters just don't bother to vote in as big a % as older voters? You know.....because it's so important for their futures?

See.....I can pick and choose as well.....

There is no right answer on age...for some, they are pretty mature at 16. For most......not so much. I'm 63 and still act like an idiot.....

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Indy supporters will not believe that and claim they are English figures.

Or, they won't care as they only have 2 reasons to exist. Independence and hatred of the English.

They remind me of the story of lemmings and how they are meant to throw themselves off a cliff.

I think you need to re read your post........pause for thought.....breath............and then re-consider.
.....under Westminster rule.
Strange how that figure goes skywards just before 2014.........did something happen that year.:love:

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I think you need to re read your post........pause for thought.....breath............and then re-consider.

.....under Westminster rule.
Strange how that figure goes skywards just before 2014.........did something happen that year.:love:

No I don't, that's how it is for a lot of them.

Are you like that? ?

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
No I don't, that's how it is for a lot of them.

Are you like that? ?

Ok I shall make it simple for you................ in my immediate circle of friends, neighbours and family I have at least five English people who are in favour of Independence for Scotland.
In your little enclosed world those five would all be 'English Haters'.
I don't expect a reply.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Ok I shall make it simple for you................ in my immediate circle of friends, neighbours and family I have at least five English people who are in favour of Independence for Scotland.
I don't expect a reply.

You are such a cheeky person (the readers should feel free to replace the word person as they see fit).

You do not need to make anything simple for me. Tell me what you have achieved in life, the heights you have reached and the lives of others you have enriched. I'll consider doing likewise, then we'll see who needs for things to be kept simple. ?

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
I don't expect a reply.

I reckon they just tell you that to shut you up.... “yes Doon your 100% right...lets talk about something else shall we?”

Status
Not open for further replies.