The slow demise of Whitby GC?

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Whitby GC has, almost, had an ongoing issue with Scarborough Borough Council for quite some time about some of the land they use...

For those locally that haven't had the chance to visit, enjoy the course and its views, the welcome and the food I'd suggest a visit as soon as you can. And if you really would like to make something of the visit, stay over for a night in Whitby - it might be a little 'wild' occasionally but wow what a great night you'll have.

Fears Whitby being 'overwhelmed' as houses proposed for chunk of golf course - Teesside Live (gazettelive.co.uk)

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Not been up that way in years ... I've still never played golf in Yorkshire

Not played up there but really enjoy a day in Whitby. We have friends we visit in Yorkshire (Bedale) and a drive to Pickering, then the North Yorkshire Moors Steam Railway to Whitby for fish & chips is a great day out. Last time we were there they arranged a tour of the lifeboat station, which was brilliant. No chance of playing golf when we visit them though. :(

NearHull

Visit site
Played Whitby many years ago with my wife and our friends. A few months later, I had a call at work from my friend.
He said ‘I can see Whitby golf course from here!”
”Where are you?”
”On the back of Illustrious “

That’ll be a big water carry then.

Beadwindow!

Last edited: