The Queen

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
They are all from the Queens Company ( Grenadier Guards ) - they will have been handpicked because of their height and normally the same 10 people , 8 carrying , two standby and also carrying the bearskins when they are carrying the coffin.

They are the main Queen protection from the Military - did hear they will keep their name Queens Company but move across to the King now . The lads will fly back out to Iraq now

Thanks. Of course it's 8 carrying not 6...doh!

Love that picture released today which I think they said was taken in May this year. Her smile lit up her whole face because it was never fake or forced and I loved that about her - if she didn't like something you surely knew.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Loved the hymns and psalms she chose. By coincidence the first hymn of the commital service was that which we sang first off in church yesterday morning…a grand and stirring hymn. Our little choir led by our splendid 100yr old organ fair gave it laldy. Great to hear it today. And some very thoughtful readings and also spot on sermon/eulogy by Archbishop of Canterbury.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
As an ex matelot I have just cracked open a new bottle of Pussers rum to make a toast to HM The Queen. May she rest in eternal peace with her parents, sister and husband. Todays pageantry made me feel proud to be British. RIP Queen Elizabeth.
I'll take a tot of Pussers with you.
The Queen, God bless her.
BZ

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
His issues with pens, and inability to move a penholder himself have certainly impressed me
I don't know about you but when I lost my mother at the age of 98 this year, I couldn't be guaranteed to be at my best all the time either :rolleyes:. If you look for the bad, you will find the bad. Berk!

Swango1980

Visit site
Would be a good point in time to decide if we need the monarchy to remain in its current state or even if we need one at all.
I'd say the last week shows we absolutely should have a monarchy. Never have so many people openly admitted pride in their nation, and so many other nations been captivated (positively) in our country.

theoneandonly

Blackballed
Visit site
?‍♂️ The monarchy are not going anywhere until the Monarchy themselves decide to change.

And also maybe read the room and look at the last ten days to see how the country feels about the monarchy
Yes hopefully the next lot will realise that and make changes, also the monarchy can be removed by legislation and a referendum.

Correct this forum is overwhelmingly pro royal, but I'd think the next decade or so will see a turning point. Perhaps to a slimmed down royal family or maybe none. Either way spending millions upon millions to keep some random family will become a tougher sell.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Yes hopefully the next lot will realise that and make changes, also the monarchy can be removed by legislation and a referendum.

Correct this forum is overwhelmingly pro royal, but I'd think the next decade or so will see a turning point. Perhaps to a slimmed down royal family or maybe none. Either way spending millions upon millions to keep some random family will become a tougher sell.
1. Depends who is doing the spending.
2. Every family is random.
3. I see no change anytime in the next decade or so with regard to our constitutional monarchy. Putting it in a political party's manifesto would be a big vote loser. Forget it.

D

Deleted member 15344

Why do they need to make changes ?

And when I said read the room I’m not just talking about the forum I’m talking the whole country and now they reacted

Before the jubilee the country was in favour of the monarchy going by polls , that will no doubt have improved and even more so now

There will be no referendum or changes to the monarchy in our lifetime.

Banchory Buddha

Visit site

Which doesn't seem to be reflected in the real world.

As an eg yesterday, even on Royal Deeside, only one golf course closed, and one opened at two (though a few were on well before that), the other six were all open all day.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I wouldn't equate people's feelings about the Queen with how they feel about the monarchy. I'm not a fan of the monarchy, but I still had some respect for the Queen and the job that she did. I'm sure plenty will be in that boat, and probably won't extend those good feelings to Charles in the same way.