The Queen

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Questioning and disrespecting are widely different and certainly not mutually exclusive among intelligent people.

DfT raised a simple issue yet got pilloried he was not disrespecting the person.
As it happens I too am surprised that the number given for those who paid their respects during the lying in state was 250,000 but only because the impression I had picked up was that the number would be more like 500,000. I hadn’t done any sums to see if that was logically possible, it was just the impression I formed…So I get where DfT is coming from.

But in truth the actual number doesn’t really matter as the numbers viewing the lying in state were as many as could be accommodated in the time.

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
It's a golf forum, it was just an example. And no it wasn;t around 4.1 billion :LOL: That's more than half the world's population, you won;t even have had half the UK population watching, never mind China, Russia, India, huge parts of Africa where they don't even have TVs. Surely you, as one of the better posters here haven't swallowed that?

D

Deleted member 23270

It is impossible to calculate the total global viewing figures but I suggest that these numbers of 4 and 6 billion may simply be the number of people that saw some coverage ie. a news clip rather than sitting down and actually watching the whole thing.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
SSSheeeseh..... I've read a lot om this thread & similar..... I've supported many BUT....... I must say I'm still incredulous as to how easily folk are misled. Especially how ex-military are still unable, even in retirement, to escape the indoctrination they've suffered for so, so long...... understandable in many ways but at the same time quite worrying.
I really do feel I've at least had a glimpse of life in N Korea.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Yeah traps the smells and slows down the decay.
Why did you feel a need to say that, it's very poor form and makes you out as someone who will stoop to any level of depravity rather than keep to the norms expected in civilised debate. Shame on you, how would you feel if that was suggested regarding the death of one of your loved ones.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
SSSheeeseh..... I've read a lot om this thread & similar..... I've supported many BUT....... I must say I'm still incredulous as to how easily folk are misled. Especially how ex-military are still unable, even in retirement, to escape the indoctrination they've suffered for so, so long...... understandable in many ways but at the same time quite worrying.
Shame you don't try permanent residence there as it sounds perfect for you.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Shame you don't try permanent residence there as it sounds perfect for you.
To fair to you zi think you need to reread my post as it's you who are on N Korea' s doorstep. However I can understand your confusion after so many years suffering the indoctrination.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
To fair to you zi think you need to reread my post as it's you who are on N Korea' s doorstep. However I can understand your confusion after so many years suffering the indoctrination.
On the contrary. It sounds exactly the type of country you would fit in to nicely. No Monarchy, no nasty big business, a warm and comforting big daddy to tuck you up at night in your republican security blanket. Perfect.

theoneandonly

Blackballed
Visit site
Why did you feel a need to say that, it's very poor form and makes you out as someone who will stoop to any level of depravity rather than keep to the norms expected in civilised debate. Shame on you, how would you feel if that was suggested regarding the death of one of your loved ones.
What an odd post. It's the same information you will find in any news article including the BBC and sky , will you be saying the same over the top remarks to them?

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

You will need to translate whatever you are trying to say into straightforward messages. This thread is about the Queen and nearly everyone is paying huge respects..apart form the odd or two

What the heck has indoctrination in relation to the queen, mourning our nations loss and paying our respects? North Korea?

Ronan Keating did a great song you should try it out..

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
You will need to translate whatever you are trying to say into straightforward messages. This thread is about the Queen and nearly everyone is paying huge respects..apart form the odd or two

What the heck has indoctrination in relation to the queen, mourning our nations loss and paying our respects? North Korea?

Ronan Keating did a great song you should try it out..

1491B40A-40E2-4097-909B-B4D9BE25ED19.gif

D

Deleted member 15344

You are extremely disrespectful to lots of people who dedicated a lot of their life to protecting the country and the people in it - that includes people like you who continue to accuse them of being “radicalised” and to compare to North Korea - that’s an embarrassment.