Secret affair 😜

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
As much as I wouldn’t get involved. There’s a difference between taking someone to a funeral and then sitting in a car whilst the service goes on and taking someone to a funeral and actually going to the service and singing the old wooden cross.

ADB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We don’t know the whole story - was she a work colleague or friend of the family for years, so going to the funeral would be normal even if there was no affair?

If there was no obvious link then her turning up as a ‘stranger’ may be suspect.

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
I am honestly surprised to see how socially conservative this forum is.
It's almost like a Vicar's golf forum.

We recently got a memo from staff reminding me that I should choose my words
as though my mother and both grandmothers have arisen like Lazarus
and are monitoring my every post on this forum.

I have to make a last moment edit of virtually everything that I write.

That's perfectly fine, of course.
I'm the foreigner, and it's your forum.
I just find it surprising.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
If many of us revealed our "true selves" via what we wrote then it may not reflect well on the public image of the Golf Monthly magazine or its publishers.

I too often moderate what i write, or even write it, consider moderating it and then just delete it.

Reemul

Head Pro
Visit site
If many of us revealed our "true selves" via what we wrote then it may not reflect well on the public image of the Golf Monthly magazine or its publishers.

I too often moderate what i write, or even write it, consider moderating it and then just delete it.
Yeah same here, I am not averse to a few chosen swear words here and there but is British are bit stuff and correct at times as well, not a surprise there. If you wish to see the hidden underneath of the british people try the football topic :)

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
On a slight tangent, although like everyone else I am still desperate to know how the funeral and wake plays out, but four ladies in work have confided to HID (no idea why everyone uses her as a shoulder to cry on but she is a brilliant people person so maybe that answer is obvious) that their husbands have been having affairs which they have now found out about. All are mid-late 50's and married for 20+ years except one who was engaged (her first husband passed away) and so she now has an ex-fiancee and all have separated as a result. Seems a rather unusual thing to happen to so many in one work place (lots of different charities in one hub so not all working directly for the same organisation) after so long so maybe the OP case wasn't so strange

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I am honestly surprised to see how socially conservative this forum is.
It's almost like a Vicar's golf forum.

We recently got a memo from staff reminding me that I should choose my words
as though my mother and both grandmothers have arisen like Lazarus
and are monitoring my every post on this forum.

I have to make a last moment edit of virtually everything that I write.

That's perfectly fine, of course.
I'm the foreigner, and it's your forum.
I just find it surprising.
Foreigners are welcome, just not in ankle socks 😉

Leftitshort

Visit site
On a slight tangent, although like everyone else I am still desperate to know how the funeral and wake plays out, but four ladies in work have confided to HID (no idea why everyone uses her as a shoulder to cry on but she is a brilliant people person so maybe that answer is obvious) that their husbands have been having affairs which they have now found out about. All are mid-late 50's and married for 20+ years except one who was engaged (her first husband passed away) and so she now has an ex-fiancee and all have separated as a result. Seems a rather unusual thing to happen to so many in one work place (lots of different charities in one hub so not all working directly for the same organisation) after so long so maybe the OP case wasn't so strange
Maybe it’s a trap Homer? Your good lady wife is trying to find out if you have a mixed foursomes partner on the side?

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I cant help but wonder how we would feel if we were the surviving partner and our partner/spouse were the one in question?
I suspect some of the glib replies wouldn't be forthcoming then.