The Open Accommodation

Visit site
So I got lucky with the Ballot. Tickets for both Sat & Sun for me and my boy.

Just need to sort accommodation now. We're happy camping and I've sent an enquiry as they have a camping village but I fear I may already be too late.

Can anyone recommend cheap accommodation, camping or otherwise near ish to St Andrews please?

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I'm still waiting to see if we've got tickets through the ballot. Seem to be plenty of places available in Edinburgh, think we'll do that and just travel in.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Thought id use this thread as I'm after advice about accommodation in April.
Lucky enough to be playing the Old and New course in April, there is an air b and b beside the course that I want to book but no parking.
Does anyone know if you can leave your car overnight in the course car park?

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Would you recommend booking tables for eating well in advance?

I wouldn't think you'd need to book months in advance but getting somewhere nice around a weekend can be tricky at short notice. I've been caught out a few times. The town gets busy at weekends especially around holidays so if you're close to Easter, I'd look for a reservation a couple of weeks ahead.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Airbnb prices in St Andrews for that weekend seem to range between £2000 and £4000 a night - A private room in Dundee (13 miles away) is going for £500+ a night too
For 4 grand a night you can stay at my house full board and I'll throw in the wife for a extra tenner a night.
I'll drive you there and back for 4 days.
Of course I'm only joking, no way am I driving you to St Andrews 4 days :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Savo01

Visit site
I have pre-booked hotel rooms in Dunfermline and Edinburgh on Booking.com for decent prices, I can obviously cancel if need be too. Still waiting on tickets alas!

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Any recommendations for restaurants in St Andrews....
Ideally a Steak one night and an Indian the second.

1. The Adamson in town or The Steak Barn at Balgove which is just on the edge of town.
2. There isn't a good one IMO. Jahangir, Tulsi and Maisha are all just about average. Edit - I mean to be fair, because I think they're nothing special, pandemic etc. it's been a few years since I last went so they could have improved or even closed down. Pretty sure they all still exist. :D

Last edited:

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
1. The Adamson in town or The Steak Barn at Balgove which is just on the edge of town.
2. There isn't a good one IMO. Jahangir, Tulsi and Maisha are all just about average. Edit - I mean to be fair, because I think they're nothing special, pandemic etc. it's been a few years since I last went so they could have improved or even closed down. Pretty sure they all still exist. :D
Love the Steak Barn but it gets absolutely mobbed in the summer.