The Open - Tickets Available

Visit site
Hi All,

I type this with a very heavy heart as the news of the train travel disruptions have literally shattered mine and my sons excitement for this once in a lifetime event. Travelling for us is no longer an option.

To top it off the ticket resale platform closed on Friday. I'm gutted for The Open and St Andrews as this disruption is clearly going to have a negative impact on what is an amazing event.

Luckily I planned ahead (in case of covid hiccups) and paid the bit extra to be able to get a refund on the train tickets.

I now have tickets for Sat and Sun. The tickets consist of one adult and one child each day.

The tickets can be transferred via an email address and I would rather someone used them than nobody. Ideally I would like to recover as much of the original price too but I will not accept a bidding war nor will I accept above what I paid (£190).

If you're interested please send me a PM to start a conversation.

Additionally if someone wants the adult tickets only this is fine but priority will go to someone intending to take a child because I don't believe the tickets can be used separately and its a fantastic opportunity for a child.

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I’m sorry to read this but are you absolutely certain the train disruption has killed it dead? Where were you staying? Can someone help with travel or taxi share?

Just feel awful that this is wrecking a kids dream.

Visit site
Thanks Jimaroid but yes unfortunately its the journey distance and safety combined with school timings etc that's too much. We're in the south of East Anglia. Combine the travel time and rising fuel costs (I get a good train rate) its too much to get back safely. To be honest though for the boy it was more the train adventure with golf but for me it was more the whole package. He's not that big a golf fan.

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ach, that’s a real shame. Hope you can get sorted. I’ll ask around my pals and if I hear of anyone searching I’ll send them your way.

FourPutt

Head Pro
Visit site
Sorry to hear you can’t go. I’d be interested in just the adult tickets. If there’s anyone who wants both then please give them first dibs but if not give me a shout. Happy to pay the full face value.