The obligatory self-congratulatory Hole in 1 thread

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It's in the Forum rules, look it up :)

Managed my first Hole in 1 Sunday evening in the Medal. I'd been having a torrid time, turning pars into bogeys and really not getting my teeth into it. I shouldve been about 4 over but was 8 over gross after the front 9, and I turned with a bogey - double - par - triple start. Not cool man not cool. Standing on the 14th tee, 14 over, Medal over. I sort of loosened up and nailed my drive, and my second, a different swing had been bestowed upon me. Ain't it always the way?! I parred that and stood on the 15th, a 208 yard brute that usually plays into an into/cross-wind. The wind was blowing, not a gale but enough to make you think.

Pin in the middle so 208 was the target, I took my trusty Adams 3 hybrid and struck it as pure as I've ever hit. It took off like a rocket with my trademark slight draw holding it up against the wind. Though into the setting sun we could see it make it's way straight for the pin. It landed about 10 feet on and ran. At that distance with that light, you're never quite sure, and on our walk up we kept thinking we could see a ball on the back edge, ran through and hopes dashed. But they were just things reflecting in the sunlight and as we got closer it was getting serious.

I parked my trolley at the 16th tee and my playing partner walked ahead to check the hole, as he stood nodding I grabbed my phone out of the bag. Sad I know...

WARNING!!!!!!!
My playing partner uses some choice language in the heat of the moment, so please do not watch if little ears are present or you are offended by such things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnS1-sbnzzs

This is the hole/card, as you can see after the excitment I parred my way home, literally a different player.

the15th.jpg

The ball is at home awaiting a quieter time when I can decide what to do with it, had an email from HDID this morning about the Boss Watch, on golfing cloud 9, wish I wasn't so busy in work and I could enjoy it more :)

And the main question, what was the bar bill like? Extrememly modest! Because it was late in the evening there cant have been more than a dozen in the clubhouse, so I did the decent thing and bought whoever was staying a second before driving home sober and not even having a beer at home (early drive to Stansted next day).

I woke in the middle of the night, but instead of lying there thinking about the early start I was smiling away to myself like an idiot.

ADB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Very well done, I see you really made sure of the '1' on the card :D

Nice to make your first with a quality shot, although at 208 yds, surely a soft 9 is the forum club of choice??

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
Congratulations!

One day.... <sigh>..... as I always remark in the obligatory self-congratulatory hole in 1 threads. (Also in the rules - check the small print!)

turkish

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Congrats and at 208 yards a bit of a brute!!!

Ps the Hugo Boss watch is a cracker- I thought it would be a cheap knock off looking thing but it's nice.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Congrats and at 208 yards a bit of a brute!!!

Ps the Hugo Boss watch is a cracker- I thought it would be a cheap knock off looking thing but it's nice.

I'm going to buy one of the many on ebay, only chance i have of owning one!!

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Congrats dude. I will slide up on the bench to make room for a fellow HIO club memba ; )

My father has my watch. I will get it back one sad day along with the blades he got for retirement and a green leather jacket he is way too big for but will not part with.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Well done! :clap: I haven't been able to get the ball on a Par 3 green at anything approaching that distance recently! :mad:

ruff-driver

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
internet-high-five.jpg

Congrats, btw what course is that ?

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thanks for all the love folks :)

ruff-driver it was at Sleaford ever played? Nice little linksy course off the yellows, off the whites with a wind up (which is often the case in the open ground) it can be a tester...

ruff-driver

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thanks for all the love folks :)

ruff-driver it was at Sleaford ever played? Nice little linksy course off the yellows, off the whites with a wind up (which is often the case in the open ground) it can be a tester...

Not been there for donkeys, only up the rd from me too, (think nearest raf base)
tend to play out grantham way, maybe a social on the cards sometime ?

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not been there for donkeys, only up the rd from me too, (think nearest raf base)
tend to play out grantham way, maybe a social on the cards sometime ?

More than welcome down chap! Send me a PM, I'm away with work a bit but should be free for an evening/weekend game :fore: