The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
If it is only prem league then why even mention City. If it is the big six who are the six. If it is six then the prem league is improving coz at one time it was the big four.
The big four was Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea. Who are the other two. City, Newcastle, Villa and spurs. That’s eight.
You missed out Brighton 😁😁👍

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I started my football supporting life as a Stoke City fan, and very quickly my favourite player was Jimmy Greenhoff. When he moved to United I started following them, and have done ever since. So very nearly fifty years, most of which has been as a club member and match goer.
If Greenhoff had gone to Accrington Stanley would that have been your team?
If the one best players left my team would I follow him? Not a chance

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I started my football supporting life as a Stoke City fan, and very quickly my favourite player was Jimmy Greenhoff. When he moved to United I started following them, and have done ever since. So very nearly fifty years, most of which has been as a club member and match goer.

Willie Whigham, Boro’s keeper in the 60’s and early 70’s scared the living daylights out of the opposition forwards. He could turn milk sour at 50 paces but what a fantastic keeper.

1704041548115.jpeg

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Well played Fulham, not looking Rosey at arsenal ATM , poor fun of form
The Christmas period can be brutal if you hit a wobble. There will be a few clubs, mine included, grateful that it's over and there is 2 weeks until the next PL game. (FA Cup next weekend, but even then there is a week of preparation available to most teams).

Bit of a break, time on the training field, just what is required.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Sincere apologies, I should have know better

It could be worse. One of my mates supported United until he was seventeen. He then switched to Liverpool. He gets reminded of it very, very regularly.

At least in my defence I was still in shorts and sucking my thumb when I saw the right path!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
It could be worse. One of my mates supported United until he was seventeen. He then switched to Liverpool. He gets reminded of it very, very regularly.

At least in my defence I was still in shorts and sucking my thumb when I saw the right path!
Dear lord. Does he have a half and half scarf 😱.

I can't comprehend that switch o_O

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The Christmas period can be brutal if you hit a wobble. There will be a few clubs, mine included, grateful that it's over and there is 2 weeks until the next PL game. (FA Cup next weekend, but even then there is a week of preparation available to most teams).

Bit of a break, time on the training field, just what is required.

I'm glad we got 2 solid results (outstanding even) on the board before we play Brighton. I fully expect to lose. They have been our bogey team for ages and we beat them this season we won't do the double. Plus we are on a 3 win in league run we won't make 4

Then it's Bristol city in the cup at home before a little break to hopefully get paquata and Antonio back

Hopefully bring in a new player aswell

I'd take a young left back, one which would mean we could play Emerson on the left wing to cover kudus being missing (with paquata right and Bowen up top) also then becomes back up once kudus is back

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Dear lord. Does he have a half and half scarf 😱.

I can't comprehend that switch o_O

His second biggest mistake, after the switch of course, was telling me about it when I first met him several years later.

Our entire golfing crowd could have continued in blissful ignorance of his treachery. But not after I’d found out.

Every time we disagree about football I remind him. Which is often.

😈

Swango1980

Visit site

At school my mate was a Man Utd fan. He then switched to Newcastle when they were miles ahead at Xmas. He'd have "loved it" if Newcastle had beat Man Utd, but sadly for him and Keegan, it wasn't to be. He had no choice but to stick with Newcastle after his switch really. Ohhh, how his life could have been o different had he stayed loyal to Man Utd in first place

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
At school my mate was a Man Utd fan. He then switched to Newcastle when they were miles ahead at Xmas. He'd have "loved it" if Newcastle had beat Man Utd, but sadly for him and Keegan, it wasn't to be. He had no choice but to stick with Newcastle after his switch really. Ohhh, how his life could have been o different had he stayed loyal to Man Utd in first place
Yes, he could have been really miserable for the last few years 🤣

CountLippe

Visit site
If it is only prem league then why even mention City. If it is the big six who are the six. If it is six then the prem league is improving coz at one time it was the big four.
The big four was Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea. Who are the other two. City, Newcastle, Villa and spurs. That’s eight.

To be honest, there’s a big two who are significantly more newsworthy /popular than probably the rest of the league combined. You then have 2 tangents, the state owned clubs where city are currently no.1 and the traditional big clubs outside the big 2 where arsenal are currently no.1 there isn’t much room for coverage of clubs outside these.