The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
A hugely embarrassing result for United however I’d also file it in the “Freak/These things happen” results folder.

For the first 40 odd mins we were arguably the better side but the goals either side of half time along with the players either going AWOL or trying to get themselves sent off just gave the game to Liverpool. Shaw and Fernandes were shambolic whilst Casemiro was completely anonymous. Our defence completely lost their heads whilst the rest of the team just got lost.

In the end they were deserved winners however it’s still only 3 points and I think it’ll bring United down to earth a bit as we’re still well off challenging for the league. ETH will have a few choice words and I would expect a reaction. For Liverpool this will give them a massive confidence boost however they’ll probably go on and drop points against Bournemouth next up which will sum up their season so far.

D

Deleted member 15344

A hugely embarrassing result for United however I’d also file it in the “Freak/These things happen” results folder.

For the first 40 odd mins we were arguably the better side but the goals either side of half time along with the players either going AWOL or trying to get themselves sent off just gave the game to Liverpool. Shaw and Fernandes were shambolic whilst Casemiro was completely anonymous. Our defence completely lost their heads whilst the rest of the team just got lost.

In the end they were deserved winners however it’s still only 3 points and I think it’ll bring United down to earth a bit as we’re still well off challenging for the league. ETH will have a few choice words and I would expect a reaction. For Liverpool this will give them a massive confidence boost however they’ll probably go on and drop points against Bournemouth next up which will sum up their season so far.
In the first half Utd definitely created the better of the chances , Fernandes header and the Rashford chance were very well created and whilst we had the lions share of the ball we didn’t really create much until the Gakpo goal

And it wouldn’t surprise anyone if we drop points at Bournemouth and it would sum up the season - we have got ourselves back into it now and they can’t let it slip now , after Bournemouth it’s the big games against City and Chelsea to come

Utd need to get past the result quickly , whilst it’s a freak result it’s may help them but it could also damage them - big time for Utd coming up , we had the stuffing from villa a couple years back and it did take a while to get over

It would be good to have someone in the studio who is a bit more neutral as Neville and Souness whilst it’s amusing are too biased either way

Last edited by a moderator:

Swingalot

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
After that you have as soft a run in as could be hoped, you may get dragged in but if you cant get out then no one else to blame really. Last 10 games Spurs away the only one you'd argue is a tough game, other 9 are games youd fancy you get something from if you deserve to stay up

Agreed, but confidence may be pretty low after the next 3. They are 'easier' games on paper, but all of those sides are fighting to get out of their current positions and all of them are winning some games.....we are not. That said, I totally agree that we will have only ourselves to blame. This squad should not be getting sucked into it, despite our lack of a goalscorer

Swingalot

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
As for the Liverpool - Man Utd game, wow.

My take away is I'm glad that Bruno does not play for my club, as I'd struggle to support a side with him in after that performance. Yelling at the manager to get subbed so he can get off the pitch and he is supposed to be the leader. Its easy leading when your winning, but your supposed to really step up when your not!

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Can you define a proper fan?

I dare say there’s a number of definitions. Some say if you’re an armchair supporter, you’re not a “proper fan.”

I’ve not been to a Boro match for around 5 years, and not been to the U.K. for over 4 years. But living 1,800 miles away makes it a little difficult. However, I’ve been a Boro supporter for close on 60 years. I’ve been a season ticket holder, both at the old Ayresome Park and the Riverside, and I’ve put countless miles in to away matches. I watch them every week via streaming. I read a number of articles every day from the Middlesbrough Evening Gazette and the club’s website, and I follow them every day on social media.

But I don’t go to the matches, and with limited time in the U.K. I doubt I’ll get to another match. Proper fan? I’d like to think so…

D

Deleted member 15344

I would like to think it doesn’t matter these days.

Each club has a significant amount more fans of the club that can fit in the stadium and not everyone has the chance or the ability to go to the game

The Prem is now a huge global league - prob the biggest in the game and that means it attracts millions of supporters of clubs from all over the world and when a club is successful it attracts more fans than others

I have no doubt that it people could go to the game more often they would but there will be many reasons why they can’t.

I suspect many on here have invested many years in the club they support whether that be from a chair in their front room or a chair in their stadium