The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Swango1980

Visit site
Have I just heard that Casemiro has been given a red card for holding someones neck? Not actually striking or putting anyone in danger?

And yet they don't blink an eye with Fabinho???????????

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Have I just heard that Casemiro has been given a red card for holding someones neck? Not actually striking or putting anyone in danger?

And yet they don't blink an eye with Fabinho???????????
He might be holding his neck under his studs.;)
I have given up on refs that are so poor.
but you can’t throttle someone that is quite dangerous

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Yes. He had both hands around Hughes neck following a bust up on the touchline.

Chris Waddle has suggested that Casemiro appeared to be trying to hold Hughes back to stop him getting involved. Reckons it’s one of the worst refereeing decisions he’s ever seen.

davie24

Club Champion
Visit site
Not sure I've ever seen anyone sent off for that. Apparently he was just getting the palace player to back off, after Antony was smashed into the stands. I'll be interested to see it.
It was a VAR instruction for the referee to go and view the incident. The pictures were pretty clear.

Swango1980

Visit site
You are almost always sent off for that.
For holding a players neck? That happens nearly every time there is hand bags, or head to head or pushing. Only ever a red if there is a head butt or a punch / slap to head.

If he strangled him and threw him to ground, fair enough. But from all I have heard, it was a nothing incident. I think the Palace player actually started on Casemiro, and Casemiro held him off for a second?

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
For holding a players neck? That happens nearly every time there is hand bags, or head to head or pushing. Only ever a red if there is a head butt or a punch / slap to head.

If he strangled him and threw him to ground, fair enough. But from all I have heard, it was a nothing incident. I think the Palace player actually started on Casemiro, and Casemiro held him off for a second?
Both hands around his neck? You can’t do that !
we’re only guessing I havnt seen it.

D

Deleted member 15344

5618B7BC-40C5-4949-B65E-2D301FBCC26A.jpeg
It’s a red card all day long - you can’t raise your hands like that

Swango1980

Visit site
View attachment 46296
It’s a red card all day long - you can’t raise your hands like that
Of course you'll think that. Maybe focus on your own team.

The still photo does not give the story. The actual video shows there was no aggression behind it at all. The one I saw anyway. Hughes came at Casemiro, he put his hands out, let go and Hughes was absolutely fine.

It is the inconsistency that I despise. Absolutely despise.

I'm also annoyed that it all started with Antony show boating, and he got smashed into stands. Absolutely no need to be show boating. 2 nil up, stay professional. Don't do anything to cause a flash point, and risking your own players getting in trouble by coming to your defence