The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 15344

So Klopp has won the Premier League Manager of the Season award, that seems a bit of a stretch for me. I'm assuming that they take all the competitions into account, which is wrong for me.

In the Premier League alone, surely Franks has exceeded expectations the most?

He got two awards

The first was for the Prem Manager of the Year - I guess because the team wasn’t predicted to get anywhere near the title but challenged all the way to the end and being 14 points behind in Jan - but i think Franks would have been a good shout for that

He then also won the LMA Manager of the Year which is for the whole league - I would prob looked at Cooper for that award , Forest were bottom when he took over and now one game away from getting into the Prem

D

Deleted member 15344

I tend to agree. The way it stands, he'd get more success at City, but he'd be a much more important player to Utd which would probably suit his character? At City, he is just another midfielder in a large group of fantastic midfielders. Bit like when Bale went to Madrid. He always had a great chance of winning trophies, but from a personal standpoint he would always be in the shadow of Ronaldo. There'd probably have been many clubs, including Utd, where he would have been the most important player in the team. I always wonder if that could have pushed him to become a more "legendary" player? I think it is difficult to push to that level if you already have a player of that status in the same team, they say that is why Neymar left Barcelona. Sadly for him, he decided to follow the money and go to a league that really isn't taken all that seriously from a football perspective.

Ok I’m confused in regards Bale ?!

He will go down as one of their most important players over the last 20 years for them - he played a big part in them winning 4 CL’s whilst there , stepping up in those finals even more so against their City rivals. Wouldn’t have got anywhere near achieving anything of the same at Utd or indeed any other club both team wise or individually

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
To be fair, it could easily have gone another way with Chelsea being used as a political football and with the club being allowed to very publicly collapse and then being used as an argument against sanctions and in support of the Russian position.

To be honest, I would not have been surprised if that had happened, and I think we were used as a political football. And the people it hurt most were the shop staff, programme sellers and all the ancillary staff who couldn't work. Damaged the club as well as we will lose some players with whom we couldn't negotiate contracts. I doubt it made a blind bit of difference to Putin.

The only people it did help was the spivs; programmes were still being printed as some were pre-ordered on subscription and I believe some season tickets include them (boxes/corporate), but instead of being able to buy them at face value, they now have to be ordered at £9 per shot. And if you missed that, try eBay; Real Madrid home programme was seen going for £125.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Tonights final between Feyenord and Roma.

Wednesday's final - the climax of the first ever Europa Conference League campaign - will be played at Arena Kombetare, which holds 21,690.

what is that all about.?

D

Deleted member 1740

Doesn't that apply to anything prefaced by the acronym UEFA?

At least Dick Turpin wore a mask!!

Tonights final between Feyenord and Roma.

Wednesday's final - the climax of the first ever Europa Conference League campaign - will be played at Arena Kombetare, which holds 21,690.

what is that all about.?

At least the ground looked full of actual club fans as opposed to how Saturday’s CL Final will look with all the hangers on.