The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Too busy travelling up to Madrid for the Leganes ‘v’ Almeria match. A win for Almeria sees them promoted automatically.
Have a great trip Brian. I follow both divisions in La Liga and both opponents have nothing to play for. Almeria have a better head to head against Valladolid so a draw should suffice.
How many fans will go to Madrid?

I like Tenerife as we go there quite regularly in Winter.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
As long as it’s a belting game and not a bore fest I don’t mind who wins ?
I’m just hoping Andy Robertson doesn’t get injured or too knackered.

And though not a Liverpool fan (or indeed fan of any English club) I will be hoping and cheering for a Liverpool win.

Last edited:

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Had a discussion with my Forest supporting mate last night.
He claimed the Championship playoff final is a bigger game than the Champions League final. I told him he was a crazy fool ?
Discuss...
Financially it is. Otherwise it’s just a trophy for finishing 3rd in the second division ??‍♂️

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
He claimed the Championship playoff final is a bigger game than the Champions League final. I told him he was a crazy fool ?
Discuss...

I can see his point. The winner gets 90 million is it? (It was , prob more now) the next season.. they get either premier League status for a bit or they get parachute payments for 3 years

So how much is that worth to a club over 4 years?

Loser of the play offs has to compete in the league and hope for another chance

Loser of champ league final 9/10 will be playing champs League again the following year

From a purely financial position it's huge

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Discuss...

I guess to most Forest fans, the game is the biggest they have witnessed for 30 years, so you can see his point of view.

Speaking as a Huddersfield supporter, I hope we win, but I won't be too upset if Forest take it. The PL is a pretty *** place to try to operate if you don't have an owner that's prepared to throw obscene amounts of money at it.
If you enjoy watching live competetive football, of a good standard, the championship is a much better place.

Last edited: