The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I can see his point. The winner gets 90 million is it? (It was , prob more now) the next season.. they get either premier League status for a bit or they get parachute payments for 3 years

So how much is that worth to a club over 4 years?

Loser of the play offs has to compete in the league and hope for another chance

Loser of champ league final 9/10 will be playing champs League again the following year

From a purely financial position it's huge

such a depressing way of looking at it from a money perspective :(

Champions League the pinnacle of club football such a massive massive game

And lets be honest, look at the last 10 winners of each and see whos doing the best financially ;)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Spurs are signing Perisic apparently, on a free. I wasn't sure at first given his age, but apparently he plays left wing back nowadays and is good there. The Croatian Ashley Young? Ha. Anyway Conte doesn't rate Reguilon so he'll be off, but he rates Sessegnon for the future, bringing in Perisic as the more experienced option, who should also be good going forward.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
such a depressing way of looking at it from a money perspective :(

Champions League the pinnacle of club football such a massive massive game

And lets be honest, look at the last 10 winners of each and see whos doing the best financially ;)

Lol very true. On a side note I really really want Forest in the premier League

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
That’s what I said to him, he’s coming at it from a bit of a blinkered view.
It’s a massive pay day for the winner but no one will care come next Saturday ?

Thing is, it isn't even worth that much in terms of nett value to the club. The cost of trying to stay in the division swallows up the extra income, and as far as I know, Forest have been making heavy losses for a few seasons anyway. It's quite feasible that promotion could make their financial position worse than it already is.

D

Deleted member 15344

Not good news as it looks like Thiago may not make it ?

Seems that loads have fans also are stuck outside the stadium and seems the organisation to get into the stadium is shocking

And looks like they have delayed the kick off now

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Seems that loads have fans also are stuck outside the stadium and seems the organisation to get into the stadium is shocking

Kick off 815 now to let fans get in

Hope the policing has improved from when we there for a final in 95, especially if you lose!

Pin-seeker

Visit site

And looks like they have delayed the kick off now
Reports of fans trying to get into the stadium with no tickets,not sure if that’s causing the problem?‍♂️

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
I ask this not to be antagonistic but out of genuine curiosity. Why, at a neutral ground in a major final, are Liverpool fans and players given the lift of YNWA being played over the public address system? At Anfield I get it, but why here?

D

Deleted member 15344

Kick off 815 now to let fans get in

Hope the policing has improved from when we there for a final in 95, especially if you lose!

My uncle has said that they have herded the Liverpool fans into small tight queues and closing gates to force them through small gates and some being moved through the Madrid end

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site