The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1147

I agree the game is different form what it was 30 years ago, but does that mean it is actually better? Just because (some) clubs are richer doesn't mean all are. Clubs like Derby are on the brink of disappearing because they are chasing the impossible dream of European football, others are flexing the financial rules as much as they can to do the same. Match tickets, kits, merch, etc is getting out of reach for most normal fans whilst payers get paid obscene amounts of money. You could even make an argument that on of the reasons that VAR was introduced to ensure the money goes ot the right teams without the lower teams getting the lucky break or dodgy decision :unsure:

Greed isn't always good
Derby were merely chasing Premier League football, Europe was miles off the radar

D

Deleted member 1740

I've got a phone full of Whatsapp pictures of Agent Rafa and Sam in the last few weeks sent by caring relatives. Sadly we have no comeback right now. It is a time to just sit and take it :cry:

Everton dont deserve Big Sam after the way you's treated him.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not seen the footage but reports suggesting that football is still not taking concussion seriously. Time to take the decision out of the hands of teams and have a medical professional watching the footage wiht the ability to signal the ref and pull al player out of the game for assessment as well has having temporary concussion subs whilst this goes on. Oh, and call me a cynic but there would also need to be associated severe penalies for simulation.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not seen the footage but reports suggesting that football is still not taking concussion seriously. Time to take the decision out of the hands of teams and have a medical professional watching the footage wiht the ability to signal the ref and pull al player out of the game for assessment as well has having temporary concussion subs whilst this goes on. Oh, and call me a cynic but there would also need to be associated severe penalies for simulation.

Are you on about Mane? Apparently he had to be taken to hospital after playing on despite taking a bad knock to the head.

*edit*
Just seen the video, he’s out stone cold along with the keeper ?
Unbelievable that they allowed him to play, gave the keeper a red card as well to top if off ?

Last edited:

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Are you on about Mane? Apparently he had to be taken to hospital after playing on despite taking a bad knock to the head.

*edit*
Just seen the video, he’s out stone cold along with the keeper ?
Unbelievable that they allowed him to play, gave the keeper a red card as well to top if off ?

Yes, that was what I was talking about. The team and the player should be taken out of the equation when it comes to head contact.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Outside the box. Dangerous high foot.
could argue if he doesn’t clatter him it’s a goal scoring opportunity.
seems to be the general theme. Was a sending off for an African keeper who head butted Mane doing similar. (coincidence it was Mane, not point scoring).

Can’t see how it’s a goal scoring opportunity when the keeper had already cleared the ball