The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 15344

Outside the box. Dangerous high foot.
could argue if he doesn’t clatter him it’s a goal scoring opportunity.
seems to be the general theme. Was a sending off for an African keeper who head butted Mane doing similar. (coincidence it was Mane, not point scoring).

Alisson cleared the ball so not sure about the goalscoring opportunity

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Alisson cleared the ball so not sure about the goalscoring opportunity
With a high boot. Been shown countless times winning the ball is irrelevant when they rule for a high boot.

So their logic will be, won ball illegally and in doing so, stopped goalscoring opportunity.

Not saying I agree. But reckon that's their ruling.

D

Deleted member 1740

Chaos at the end of the game, Allison punched the ball clear and collided with the forward, penalty given, forward rolled around clutching his head, Ali sent off, ref looked at VAR, rescinded another Ali card and gave Brazil a goal kick!

D

Deleted member 1740

With a high boot. Been shown countless times winning the ball is irrelevant when they rule for a high boot.

So their logic will be, won ball illegally and in doing so, stopped goalscoring opportunity.

Not saying I agree. But reckon that's their ruling.

Having seen the incident again, the Ecaudor player ran into Ali's leg. The ball had long gone.

Not defending Ali here neither. We dont wanna be seeing those types of collision being called fouls.

Generally, Football has gone too far with soft fouls.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Well its a great time to be a Villa fan.

Done some solid business this window, maybe one more to come too.

Best January window you could ask for considering prices are normally inflated

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Rooney turns down Everton talks

I think a good call at present. There is no rush to get to the prem, once you're there its cut throat and he doesnt need that so early in his career.

Derby is one hell of a challenge, if they pulled off the impossible it would do more for him I think.

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
Rooney turns down Everton talks

Good for him. That job is going to be like the Liverpool job for Gerrard. He, like Gerrard, clearly wants to be sure he has the experience and know how to do it properly, rather than taking a gig because nobody else wants it like Lampard did at Chelsea (IMO), leading to the inevitable.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I think a good call at present. There is no rush to get to the prem, once you're there its cut throat and he doesnt need that so early in his career.

Derby is one hell of a challenge, if they pulled off the impossible it would do more for him I think.

Will Derby still be in existence in a month’s time? The EFL has given Derby a month’s extension till the end of Feb to sort out their finances and find a buyer.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Will Derby still be in existence in a month’s time? The EFL has given Derby a month’s extension till the end of Feb to sort out their finances and find a buyer.

Maybe not, but no one can fault what hes done there and I will admire him forever for sticking it through till the end when he could easily have walked away from a hell hole.

D

Deleted member 15344

I really can’t understand why they would go for Lampard - Pereira has sort of a track record and do ok at Porto a few years back but Lampard ?

Surely their best option right now is sticking with Ferguson until the end of the season and then maybe look at someone like Franks , even Farke and then give them time

The reaction for Pereira isn’t great as well - some want him out before even getting the job

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think the worse thing we could do is rush into another set of bad appointments under self inflicted pressure of time running out in the transfer window.

So of course that being the worst thing we could do it’s exactly what’s going to happen.

Tim Cahill rumour coming in as some sort of technical director is interesting.

I’d settle for Dunc for the rest of the season now, I just can’t see how that’s a worse gamble than the other options.