The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Comoros have had to start their least sixteen game in AFCON against Cameroon with an outfield player in goal, due to their only keeper in the squad being ruled out due to Covid related restrictions.

As if that wasn't bad enough, Comoros have had a player sent off after 8 mins.

I'm piling in on a nil-nil draw!!! :D

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Comoros have had to start their least sixteen game in AFCON against Cameroon with an outfield player in goal, due to their only keeper in the squad being ruled out due to Covid related restrictions.

As if that wasn't bad enough, Comoros have had a player sent off after 8 mins.

I'm piling in on a nil-nil draw!!! :D

utterly stupid red card, trying to make a "city" foul in the middle of the park and went down the guys achilles

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Seems to have escaped you but Pep managed both Barcelona and City, & Papas said it was karma for Pep. Your ass is waiting...

So show me facts not emotional comments. Am waiting with me ass hanging out.
Facts not opinion.
Facts.
Like what I posted.
Facts.
I can understand you jumping on the bandwagon because Chelsea are having a rammel season up to yet. But you could help Papas looking for facts. Maybe post them against Bayern, Real, athletico, PSG etc. talking of Karma. Did it level itself out at the Weekend when Silva was doing an “experienced“ tactical dive when Kane shoved him to the ground.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Whats Barcelona got to do with City and Pep. Hows that Karma. Here’s a thought. How many yellows have been given against a team having 70% possession. Bit do you hear City fans moan. What about time wasting when City have 70% possession. Do you hear City fans moan. Teams waste so much time V City. Then fans whinge when City have a “ tactical foul”. Climb back on your donkey Coz an horse don’t want to be under you. ?

Do we hear you (city) moan about time wasting? Yes. Literally the start of this little thread.....

And my point was that any injustice against city affects Pep, so it's Karma for HIM.

Maybe when you can comprehend what is originally written I'll pay attention the the rammel (drivel for the rest of us) that you type.

And you didnt quote facts. Facts prove things. You quoted stats.

And there's a well known phrase about them......

Anyways. I'm out. Been avoiding this place for a reason....

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I feel Watford deserve what they get. Ranieiri sacked after 14 games. I'm sorry and while I know his record has been poor, but you need time to work with a squad and this window was a chance to get fresh players in and maybe offload some he thought surplus to requirements https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60092479

They seem to be a very knee jerk club and if there instant success then the manager is out. That isn't any stable platform to build progress on and the uncertainty and regular changing of manager has to affect the players with new styles of play to learn every few months

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Do we hear you (city) moan about time wasting? Yes. Literally the start of this little thread.....

And my point was that any injustice against city affects Pep, so it's Karma for HIM.

Maybe when you can comprehend what is originally written I'll pay attention the the rammel (drivel for the rest of us) that you type.

And you didnt quote facts. Facts prove things. You quoted stats.

And there's a well known phrase about them......

Anyways. I'm out. Been avoiding this place for a reason....

And there’s the reason you have been avoiding it. (Actually like I have). Why would you quote it’s Karma for Pep when he managed a team in another country 10 years ago. Not only that. Was the same accusations said when he managed Bayern.
Back in a few weeks

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
So show me facts not emotional comments. Am waiting with me ass hanging out.
Facts not opinion.
Facts.
Like what I posted.
Facts.
I can understand you jumping on the bandwagon because Chelsea are having a rammel season up to yet. But you could help Papas looking for facts. Maybe post them against Bayern, Real, athletico, PSG etc. talking of Karma. Did it level itself out at the Weekend when Silva was doing an “experienced“ tactical dive when Kane shoved him to the ground.

Why do I need to to show you facts to explain to you that Papas' comment was about Pep & not City? You bit where there was no reason to, unless it's a guilty conscience.

Yeah, might not be our best season but I've always got the DVD of last season's Champions League final to cheer me up. Must have another look to remind myself who we beat...

D

Deleted member 15344

Why do I need to to show you facts to explain to you that Papas' comment was about Pep & not City? You bit where there was no reason to, unless it's a guilty conscience.

Yeah, might not be our best season but I've always got the DVD of last season's Champions League final to cheer me up. Must have another look to remind myself who we beat...

Ah the Champions League Trophy - the one money can’t buy ?

Must be time for the World Club Cup soon ?

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
I feel Watford deserve what they get. Ranieiri sacked after 14 games. I'm sorry and while I know his record has been poor, but you need time to work with a squad and this window was a chance to get fresh players in and maybe offload some he thought surplus to requirements https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60092479

They seem to be a very knee jerk club and if there instant success then the manager is out. That isn't any stable platform to build progress on and the uncertainty and regular changing of manager has to affect the players with new styles of play to learn every few months

Is this the same Ranieri that Fulham sacked after 17 games, only winning three games in 3.5 months?

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
I think the 5 subs is here for more season with the lack of pre season, quite like your rules but no chance the big boys agree to that

OK one part to add for me, should be specific sub windows in the match and cant use subs at any other time other than due to injury. Subs at HT 60 mins 80 mins or not at all to stop club using substitutions to time waste/break up the game

Get a timekeeper and this problem, along with time wasting, goes away.

Have I mentioned I’m in favour of having a timekeeper before?

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Get a timekeeper and this problem, along with time wasting, goes away.

Have I mentioned I’m in favour of having a timekeeper before?

This is needed more than anything these days. Every time play stops. So does the clock. Time wasting and faking injury would stop instantly.