The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hawk-Eye et al seem to be able to do it in Tennis, where the ball is travelling much faster than football players are.

Isn't Hawkeye ball tracking technology? It's tracing the path of the ball rather than having to rely on a single frame of action to make the decision.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The type of goal is irrelevant, as is level with the eye, one of the reasons VAR was brought in was because the eye of the officials weren’t good enough.
And here’s me thinking it’s supposed to be entertaining.
They have made an absolute mess of this and it needs sorting out.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Isn't Hawkeye ball tracking technology? It's tracing the path of the ball rather than having to rely on a single frame of action to make the decision.
Correct. It's having to rely on the 'single' frame and the rather random line that's the 'problem' for VAR currently.

D

Deleted member 1740

Who'd want to be a ref?
Cheating players make it almost impossible and, should they get a decision wrong, they are roundly slaughtered by just about everyone.

Its a well paid job.

As for cheating players, its about time managers of football clubs start to take responsibility for their players.

We always hear ex players/pundits say Refs know thw rules but not the game, players know the game but not the rules.

When you've got the likes of sky running a section of a show analysing refs decsisions with an ex ref do you expect anything less?

When football was played at 3pm on a saturday, Eric the big yernited fan from Carlisle who never went the game wasnt aware or bothered what foul Roger Milford gave or never gave for his team. Nowadays the same guy can vent his anger all over the internet.

D

Deleted member 1740

How many armchair fans did you hear crying out for it? You're obsessed by telly clappers. Football is shown extensively on television, and that is not going to change soon. So, I recommend you get over it, I think it'll make you so much happier :)

Thousands all over social media, virtually every night on phone ins to 5Live/Talksport etc. Sky big wigs and radio show presenters aswell as ex players on all their shows.

Punters in boozers, people on holiday etc
They were all at it. "It works in rugby" etc was the excuse.

You're very defensive of telly clappers and armchair season ticket holders

I'm not obsessed by telly clappers at all. I couldnt get any happier?

D

Deleted member 16999

Really???
Isn’t that why we watch ,to see great goals/ saves / defending ?
It’s why I watch.
So do you think Jurgen or Rafa tell the players to go and entertain the fans or come up with a game plan to try and win the game?
WE, the supporter, wish to be entertained, but it’s a results based sport, were a positive result takes priority over entertaining the fan.

Swango1980

Visit site
Thousands all over social media, virtually every night on phone ins to 5Live/Talksport etc. Sky big wigs and radio show presenters aswell as ex players on all their shows.

Punters in boozers, people on holiday etc
They were all at it. "It works in rugby" etc was the excuse.

You're very defensive of telly clappers and armchair season ticket holders

I'm not obsessed by telly clappers at all. I couldnt get any happier?
O yeah, I forgot. People that go to matches never have opinions on social media, only the Telly Clappers ;)