The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Just taken BT Sport for a month to watch The Ashes, stupid I know. Last night I watched ‘goal rush’ on BT. Accept it was the last day of the qualifying but thought it was well presented and thoroughly enjoyable, especially The Porto/Athletico scrap!

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Just taken BT Sport for a month to watch The Ashes, stupid I know. Last night I watched ‘goal rush’ on BT. Accept it was the last day of the qualifying but thought it was well presented and thoroughly enjoyable, especially The Porto/Athletico scrap!

its excellent for the group stages, very similar to how redzone is done for NFL

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Interesting line up from Man Utd tonight according to BBC Sport. Not much width but they should be fairly strong through the middle of the pitch.

1638993274462.png

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Van de Beek had a really decent first half right up until that shocker. Can’t make mistakes like that on the edge of your own area.

4LEX

Visit site
View attachment 39859

Not a red card? You're having a laugh.

No argument with that, but more fool Porto for falling for what everyone knew would happen.

A picture doesn't always tell a thousand words. Watching it live I thought it was stupid but a yellow.

Although he had no reason to race across to make the original challenge as you just knew they'd be some form of play acting. I was saddened Pepe didn't try to dfish out some justice towards the end.

As much as I dislike Atletico the CL will be better with them in it, Porto are tinpot.

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
I imagine it has to be. All those with Covid causing tonight's game to be postponed would surely be isolating still by Sunday.

And from a Brighton perspective... Spurs still currently haven't met the threshold for a postponement. So why have a threshold if it gets ignored?

D

Deleted member 16999

And from a Brighton perspective... Spurs still currently haven't met the threshold for a postponement. So why have a threshold if it gets ignored?
Because there is 2 parts to the PL rules:

The Premier League's rulebook states "permission will not be granted to postpone a league match where the applicant club has 14 or more players listed on its squad list available" but when it comes to coronavirus requests a club can apply for a postponement and the league's board will then convene and make a decision based on medical evidence and other potential factors.

So Spurs may have 14 or more available, but can still apply, Everton v City was postponed in Jan with only 4 City players positive, but background staff decimated.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not sure the source on this as it was posted in an article without source, but:

“The 2021-22 handbook states permission will not be granted to postpone a league match if a club has 14 or more players on its squad list available.​
However, postponing league games is taken on a case-by-case basis and the decision would be made by the Premier League board if a request is received from a club.”​

I think our 13 positive tests were made up of 8 players and 5 coaching staff. We technically only have 21 'registered' players though since under-21s don't need to be. So 21 minus 8 would be 13. But I don't know how they work it out. It would seem a bit careless to go ahead with the game at this point anyway. Particularly as I believe our training ground was closed to stop the spread.

D

Deleted member 1740

To save all the palaver, just give Brighton the points as theyd have beat spurs any way ?

D

Deleted member 1740

Rodgers' shocking European record continues. Went from topping the group to going in the play offs for the conference league ??‍♂️