The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Aubameyang left out of Arsenal squad due to disciplinary issues.
What a shambles
Don’t know who’s to blame but Arsenal haven’t had a proper leader or captain for a decade or more.
Listening to White and Jordan yesterday and it seems there’s a lot going on behind the scenes.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
The top three teams all winning with a penalty!
I bet that hasn't happened too often.
Hopefully we won't have to rely on a spot kick.
I'd also love to see Phil Jones make an appearance today, and I think I will.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The top three teams all winning with a penalty!
I bet that hasn't happened too often.
Hopefully we won't have to rely on a spot kick.
I'd also love to see Phil Jones make an appearance today, and I think I will.

The Man City penalty is the only one I've seen and to me it looked generous. BBC Sport text described the Chelsea one as "soft" and also said that there was a challenge by Allison on the Villa player that "should've been a penalty". Will be interesting to see them later to make my own mind up but it seems that the top three have all benefitted from refereeing decisions when it comes to penalties being given or not given.

D

Deleted member 15344

The Man City penalty is the only one I've seen and to me it looked generous. BBC Sport text described the Chelsea one as "soft" and also said that there was a challenge by Allison on the Villa player that "should've been a penalty". Will be interesting to see them later to make my own mind up but it seems that the top three have all benefitted from refereeing decisions when it comes to penalties being given or not given.

The ones I have seen

Man City - never a penalty and should have been overturned by VAR

Chelsea - soft , but you don’t expect VAR to overturn

Liverpool - the same , soft but not clear abd obvious and Allison took a swipe for the ball missed and got the player - very surprised VAR didn’t intervene

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Sounds like Alisson had another nightmare today.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sounds like Alisson had another nightmare today.

A mate just sent me this screenshot. Obviously need to see the actual footage but from this it should've been a penalty....

266408705_458304172538718_1539320174014615695_n.jpg

D

Deleted member 1740

Generous is an understatement.

I've been waiting to see a goal scored with the armpit since Firmino had a goal ruled offside with an armpit. Its almost impossible for a ball to hit the armpit without hitting the arm. Handball has to be deliberate for pens to be given.

I was right inline with the Alison one and dont think it was a pen.

If Goalkeepers can be challenged in the box, ie Alisson v West ham, then Goal keepers should be able to challenge strikers/outfield players. Strikers need to be stronger?

Attwell is a disgrace of a referee.

He mustve seen Jonathon Moss' performance at City today and tried to do one better.

A proper hold my beer ome.

D

Deleted member 1740

A mate just sent me this screenshot. Obviously need to see the actual footage but from this it should've been a penalty....

266408705_458304172538718_1539320174014615695_n.jpg

That looks to me like Alisson's hands are behind Ings.

That said, Ings should've done better with that situation. Instead going down, If he stays on his feet he scores. 100%

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
That looks to me like Alisson's hands are behind Ings.

That said, Ings should've done better with that situation. Instead going down, If he stays on his feet he scores. 100%

Player in "going down too easily" shock. As I said, I've not seen it so can only say what was on BBC Sport test and that screenshot. Looks like he's grabbed him with his left hand and tripped him with his right but happy to wait until I've seen it later for confirmation or otherwise.

D

Deleted member 1740

If Villa wouldve put as much effort in trying to score as they did time wasting they mightve got something out of the game.

It was amazing how it all stopped from the keeper when they went 1 nil down.