The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Yes my brother was a STH at Everton .
He was in hospital and gave his ticket to me.
I was stuck in the Gladys ST end surrounded by blues.
Couldn’t even celebrate the goals just sat motionless.
Great memories.

Edit can’t even remember if I was seated or standing.
Did they have seats then ?
Fs my memory is going.

No was still terracing, probably for another 10 years after that, as well, if not 12 or more.

I'm not sure if that was the same derby that some blues come out of the gwladys street and presented Grobelaar with a clowns head - all in good spirits.

Swango1980

Visit site
If there is an exception in the rules

I’m sure you will be able to find it

And wouldn’t VAR then overrule the goal because the ref got the rules wrong
I genuinely do not know, I have just never seen a referee allow a game to continue if they spot a goalkeeper injured on the ground.

However, I suspect if there is anything, it is purely down to the discretion of the ref. So, as he didn't whistle, there was no rule to say the goal should be disallowed.

It looked like he was about to blow, then stopped himself as he saw ball going towards goal. I wonder if he instinctively felt he better not be hasty, let the ball go in, then VAR can sort it. Of course, once he did, VAR could do nothing.

If ball had rebounded off post, I wouldn't be surprised if he stopped play then

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
No was still terracing, probably for another 10 years after that, as well, if not 12 or more.

I'm not sure if that was the same derby that some blues come out of the gwladys street and presented Grobelaar with a clowns head - all in good spirits.
Yes senior moment Pete.
I do remember a very big guy in a sheepskin coat giving me the look.
I was giving it the “get in there” under my breath.

D

Deleted member 15344

I genuinely do not know, I have just never seen a referee allow a game to continue if they spot a goalkeeper injured on the ground.

However, I suspect if there is anything, it is purely down to the discretion of the ref. So, as he didn't whistle, there was no rule to say the goal should be disallowed.

It looked like he was about to blow, then stopped himself as he saw ball going towards goal. I wonder if he instinctively felt he better not be hasty, let the ball go in, then VAR can sort it. Of course, once he did, VAR could do nothing.

If ball had rebounded off post, I wouldn't be surprised if he stopped play then

So it’s a goal then by the rules - there was no need for him to blow the whistle and if the infringement was made by Arsenal player then it would be disallowed

Maybe it’s good refereeing

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

I do remember them singing “The Rhodesian army is S…….g your missus.”

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So it’s a goal then by the rules - there was no need for him to blow the whistle and if the infringement was made by Arsenal player then it would be disallowed

Maybe it’s good refereeing

Steady on Phil. I'm not sure that it's good refereeing, more that the ref was too slow to react to the situation. I'm convinced that if the ref had seen De Gea down he would've blown the whistle and (wrongly) stopped the game. I think that the ref has achieved the correct decision but only through the fact that he was too slow to stop the game.

D

Deleted member 15344

Steady on Phil. I'm not sure that it's good refereeing, more that the ref was too slow to react to the situation. I'm convinced that if the ref had seen De Gea down he would've blown the whistle and (wrongly) stopped the game. I think that the ref has achieved the correct decision but only through the fact that he was too slow to stop the game.

But he did see he was down - the angle showed him looking at the gk and let play carry on ?‍♂️