The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Or maybe, just maybe we congratulate the goalscorer and accept every goalkeeper gets beat at sometime at his near post and it’s just not correct to say no goalkeeper should.:unsure:

You could literally analyse every goal and suggest with hindsight how the keeper should or could of saved it.

This I think he’s anticipated the square ball / cross.
But the finish was just to good ,I don’t think most keepers would save that.

Swango1980

Visit site
Goal, yes. But, had play gone one a bit, and ref had seen keeper lying injured on ground, play would have been stopped. Regardless of how he got injured. Ref was not quick enough to spot it, although bizarrely looked to blow his whistle, then didn't

RichA

Visit site
If somebody stood on my toe on the golf course, I would not be hitting the ground like that. He deserved to lose a goal for being melodramatic.

D

Deleted member 15344

Goal. Arsenal did nothing wrong. Difficult in real time but should the ref have blown ?

i thought the officials should only blow for injured players if it’s a head injury and play continues for any other injury - but if the ref blew before Smith Rowe hit the ball then I don’t think anyone would have complained

Swango1980

Visit site
i thought the officials should only blow for injured players if it’s a head injury and play continues for any other injury - but if the ref blew before Smith Rowe hit the ball then I don’t think anyone would have complained
I'm sure there is an exception for a keeper. Unless you can find me a clip where a referee has deliberately waved play on when a keeper has been lying on the ground injured

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yes, my very first derby - 5-0 at Goodison - what a start.

Even better, me and my dad were in with the blues in the lower Bullens, although many reds around, as was the norm at both derbies then - We'd have about 6-7k in the park end, and another 10k all around the ground.
Yes my brother was a STH at Everton .
He was in hospital and gave his ticket to me.
I was stuck in the Gladys ST end surrounded by blues.
Couldn’t even celebrate the goals just sat motionless.
Great memories.

Edit can’t even remember if I was seated or standing.
Did they have seats then ?
Fs my memory is going.

D

Deleted member 15344

I'm sure there is an exception for a keeper. Unless you can find me a clip where a referee has deliberately waved play on when a keeper has been lying on the ground injured

If there is an exception in the rules

I’m sure you will be able to find it

And wouldn’t VAR then overrule the goal because the ref got the rules wrong

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

I'm not sure there is except for head injury. I don't think the ref played on in this instance but was too slow to react before the shot was taken and the goal scored. Arsenal playing well