The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
Unrelated to last night's Champions League Drama and the Sacking of Steve Bruce...but last night I made the last minute decision to go and watch Forest away at Bristol City (now I live in Gloucester); having not been to a live game in more than 8 years. Tickets were no longer available to buy unless collecting from the City Ground, but managed to somehow get a ticket off a guy I've never met who mentioned on Instagram he had a spare ticket. Could have turned out horribly, but ended up being fine and I had one of the best nights of my life.

Watched a team who now don't stop trying and 2 last minute injury time goals to seal a 4th win on the bounce was absolutely incredible. I've fully fallen in love with football again.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Unrelated to last night's Champions League Drama and the Sacking of Steve Bruce...but last night I made the last minute decision to go and watch Forest away at Bristol City (now I live in Gloucester); having not been to a live game in more than 8 years. Tickets were no longer available to buy unless collecting from the City Ground, but managed to somehow get a ticket off a guy I've never met who mentioned on Instagram he had a spare ticket. Could have turned out horribly, but ended up being fine and I had one of the best nights of my life.

Watched a team who now don't stop trying and 2 last minute injury time goals to seal a 4th win on the bounce was absolutely incredible. I've fully fallen in love with football again.

been a massive change at Forest since the manager change, starting to fulfill some of the promise, did you get the shirt? ;)

were over 200/1 on betfair, sadly only got a few quid at 33s :)

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
been a massive change at Forest since the manager change, starting to fulfill some of the promise, did you get the shirt? ;)

were over 200/1 on betfair, sadly only got a few quid at 33s :)

Ha! I wish. it's been an incredible turnaround and although we've had managers give us hope in recent years (Sabri Lamouchi for one), Cooper seems to have instilled a really culture change that the whole squad has bought into. After we went one down last night, none of us in the crowd ever thought we wouldn't get one back. He's given us belief we've not had in years. If we'd gone one down under Houghton, it would have been a lost cause.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ha! I wish. it's been an incredible turnaround and although we've had managers give us hope in recent years (Sabri Lamouchi for one), Cooper seems to have instilled a really culture change that the whole squad has bought into. After we went one down last night, none of us in the crowd ever thought we wouldn't get one back. He's given us belief we've not had in years. If we'd gone one down under Houghton, it would have been a lost cause.
Fans of clubs who are doing well often pipe up asking why change a manger, what will a new manager do with the same players? Your post explains very simply what a change at the top can do. Sounds like you had a good night (y)

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
Fans of clubs who are doing well often pipe up asking why change a manger, what will a new manager do with the same players? Your post explains very simply what a change at the top can do. Sounds like you had a good night (y)

There's an argument for keeping a manager for consistency - we've had 18 different managers since King Billy left the first time in June 2011 :LOL: but just hearing the players talking along with Cooper himself, it's so refreshing - and it's blindingly obvious the players were very low on morale with Hughton around. Fulham on Sunday will be a real acid test.

Trojan615

Head Pro
Visit site
I thought he'd more or less retired. Plus he's been at Newcastle already and it didn't go that well for him, he's probably not that keen to go back to the North East. Then again money talks I suppose.

he was in charge when Ashley took over and got canned as he wasn’t `ashleys man`…… funny how things could go full circle!

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
As a Liverpool fan of 40 years plus, I'm never confident playing man U, seen it too many times before when we were the top dogs that United have played above and beyond their normal level.

I'll take any win.

I'll be amazed if it's anything other than a tennis score. Can easily see 6-0 or 6-1.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I'll be amazed if it's anything other than a tennis score. Can easily see 6-0 or 6-1.

Man U arent as bad as some are making out, they are also very dangerous going forward. I think the performance of the ref can always have a big say, as well. The crowd will also lift the players to harry more than in any other game. As much as some may deny it, it it always their biggest game of the season. Its no done thing.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
That move leading to the corner which produced Atalanta’s second should be picked apart by the pundits and held up as an example of everything which is wrong with this side.

Atalanta moved the ball from the edge of their own box to the other end of the pitch, and at no point was there a United player within ten yards of it. No press whatsoever.

Shocking to watch, and easy to play against.

Cherry13

Head Pro
Visit site
he was in charge when Ashley took over and got canned as he wasn’t `ashleys man`…… funny how things could go full circle!
By 8 days as well… was a really poor situation that hall and shepherd put everyone in. But I don’t think he’d be welcomed back, regardless of his perceived ability in a relegation scrap.

D

Deleted member 16999

Very dominant first half from Chelsea, could of been 3 or 4, Lukaku and Werner both subbed off due to injury.

Switching to Old Trafford hoping to see a fightback Leicester style.:unsure: