The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Swango1980

Visit site
One for the Utd fans. I keep hearing about this player is best in that position, that player is best in that position. Now don’t get me wrong watching City. You could be playing 433 but whoever finds himself out wide right does not always stay there. They could be anywhere. They are very fluid. Now that has come Down to coaching. Is that not in the Utd locker to be able to move from A Designated position on the pitch.
I get your point, but I agree with Billysboots as well.

Rashford strength is his pace, and attacking from the left. It enables him to run in from the left, and potentially shoot with his strongest foot (assuming he hasn't already made the wrong decision before then and fallen over when trying a step over). Bit like Henry's strength was in the same position, and as such would often find himself there. Of course, he was also free to change position in the match depending on what was happening.

Therefore, players will have their strongest positions, and the coach needs to get that balance right. However, teams also need to adapt and be flexible during the game. Where players may change to a different position, before going back to their primary role. However, this also takes coaching, and a good understanding between the players. If you just assume players will figure it out for themselves with no plan, inevitably some will run about like headless chickens, while others will rigidly stick to their primary position. Basically a big mess, and it often it feels that way watching Utd. Sometimes it looks like we've 4 strikers, no wingers, no attacking midfielders, 2 defensive midfielders and 4 defenders. If Shaw and Wan Bissaka charge forward, we can have maybe 2 centre backs and one midfielder in defensive duty, and 7 players flat out attack (but struggling if opposition are playing deep). It is no wonder it only takes 2 or 3 opponents to hurt us on the counter.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I get your point, but I agree with Billysboots as well.

Rashford strength is his pace, and attacking from the left. It enables him to run in from the left, and potentially shoot with his strongest foot (assuming he hasn't already made the wrong decision before then and fallen over when trying a step over). Bit like Henry's strength was in the same position, and as such would often find himself there. Of course, he was also free to change position in the match depending on what was happening.

Therefore, players will have their strongest positions, and the coach needs to get that balance right. However, teams also need to adapt and be flexible during the game. Where players may change to a different position, before going back to their primary role. However, this also takes coaching, and a good understanding between the players. If you just assume players will figure it out for themselves with no plan, inevitably some will run about like headless chickens, while others will rigidly stick to their primary position. Basically a big mess, and it often it feels that way watching Utd. Sometimes it looks like we've 4 strikers, no wingers, no attacking midfielders, 2 defensive midfielders and 4 defenders. If Shaw and Wan Bissaka charge forward, we can have maybe 2 centre backs and one midfielder in defensive duty, and 7 players flat out attack (but struggling if opposition are playing deep). It is no wonder it only takes 2 or 3 opponents to hurt us on the counter.

Re Rashford I saw him do exactly as you described v City when he was brought down for a penalty. But when I look at City, Walker bombs forward but Fernandinho or Rodri drops in that hole. It’s seems that if players drop out of there favoured positions others fill that gap. It looks like it is part of the system City play, a system that looks like it is coached. The classic example is with us now not having a striker. Someone has to tuck in.
Another point I picked up re Utd was trying to get the ball back. City and others do it in groups, but not all the time. Sometimes it is just a bit of pressure to get the ball going backwards so City get into position. One game I can see City struggling in is Brentfor. They do attack in numbers.
Re Utd, I cannot see anything changing until a Tuchel type manager comes in. Utd have at the moment a fearrari being driven by Miss Daisys chauffeur.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Really looking forward to the game at the weekend I think we will batter Liverpool.
Keep Salah quiet they don’t have much more.
Looking forward to TAA going forward and Rashford exploiting the space behind him probably get a hatrick.

Key to the game is Shaw and how he deals with the one season wonder.

Ronaldo just pure class,great signing.
Feel for Cavani as it’s probably his last big move .
Sancho just don’t see the hype.
Rashfords finishing apart from his goal was rusty but his movement was sublime.
Sorry mate but couldn’t disagree more,no way is that defence keeping Salah quiet.
If Utd are to win they’ll need to score 3 goals minimum imo.

D

Deleted member 15344

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59000322

West Ham and Man Utd fined for fans issues during UEFA Games

It seems there is more issues at games at the moment - before pandemic etc the English clubs seemed to be well behaved in Europe beyond the odd issue but after the incidents at the Euro Final maybe it’s increased a lot more - at the moment cant see UEFA backing a World Cup bid

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59000322

West Ham and Man Utd fined for fans issues during UEFA Games

It seems there is more issues at games at the moment - before pandemic etc the English clubs seemed to be well behaved in Europe beyond the odd issue but after the incidents at the Euro Final maybe it’s increased a lot more - at the moment cant see UEFA backing a World Cup bid

How would you know? You're never there ;):ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Seriously though, if this is a reason why our World Cup bid isn't considered then UEFA are even more of a corrupt, bias organisation than I imagined. You only need to look at the racist, violent fans in other countries around the world. They make our knob head fans seem like angels at the minute.

Also, let remember where it is next.....that shows you the UEFA agenda. Its all about who offers the best bribes.

D

Deleted member 15344

How would you know? You're never there ;):ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Seriously though, if this is a reason why our World Cup bid isn't considered then UEFA are even more of a corrupt, bias organisation than I imagined. You only need to look at the racist, violent fans in other countries around the world. They make our knob head fans seem like angels at the minute.

Also, let remember where it is next.....that shows you the UEFA agenda. Its all about who offers the best bribes.

I think there is no doubt they will use what happened in the final to not back the bid - I believe UEFA clearly have no love for the English FA and clubs and you are right - lots of fans are showing their racist side especially in those Eastern European countries- so I expect UEFA to back the Iberian bid for 2030

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think there is no doubt they will use what happened in the final to not back the bid - I believe UEFA clearly have no love for the English FA and clubs and you are right - lots of fans are showing their racist side especially in those Eastern European countries- so I expect UEFA to back the Iberian bid for 2030

My money is still on the Kingdom......not the United one but the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My money is still on the Kingdom......not the United one but the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.

Don't they rotate it around continents so it won't be due back that way until 2042? With Qatar having it next year, America will then have one, Europe will have one (don't know the order) etc before it goes back to that region. Unless of course the brown envelopes are fat enough to change FIFA's procedures.

4LEX

Visit site
They'll be ten times more trouble involving England fans if the World Cup was in Spain and Portugal than England. Easy and cheap travel, sunshine, holiday destinations, huge numbers of fans from all of Europe would be a powder keg. England would take 100,000 out there.

What happened at Wembley was a very minor incident given the size of the game and how many drunken fans were in London and Wembley that day. I fully expected a riot and London totalled. Without a limited capacity no one would have charged the stadium. The poor Policing and bent stewards letting people in for money was a bigger issue that has been swept under the carpet.

Swango1980

Visit site
They'll be ten times more trouble involving England fans if the World Cup was in Spain and Portugal than England. Easy and cheap travel, sunshine, holiday destinations, huge numbers of fans from all of Europe would be a powder keg. England would take 100,000 out there.

What happened at Wembley was a very minor incident given the size of the game and how many drunken fans were in London and Wembley that day. I fully expected a riot and London totalled. Without a limited capacity no one would have charged the stadium. The poor Policing and bent stewards letting people in for money was a bigger issue that has been swept under the carpet.
The poor policing and bent stewards will also be part of the reason England got a stadium ban. Not just the fan behaviour. If the security is not adequate enough, always likely to get punished. Sadly, there'll always be idiot "fans" wherever you go.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Do Villa have a game plan beyond kicking the Arsenal players?
The refs been shocking .
Laccazette stood on the foot of a Villa player nothing.
Mings identical challenge yellow.
He’s jumped three foot in the air to win a pen lad gets the ball but follows through a tad but not enough for the reaction.
Abamayang jumping in front of the keeper kicking the ball out of his hands is a stonewall yellow
Villa have been awful but he’s waited until they have gone 2 down before doing anything assuming he does .

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well thats a bit better :)

Utterly shocked how bad villa have been, assume they go to 4 at the back 2nd half and flood the midfield with some bodies
Bit late now should have done that after 15 mins the players are not happy they are all over the place.
Good from Gunners though.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Bit late now should have done that after 15 mins the players are not happy they are all over the place.
Good from Gunners though.

much better from Arsenal but Villa been super complicit massive improvement actually picking a midfield. Hopefully theyll stop this stupid theory of who wins the penalty doesnt take it going forward mind! If Mings is an international defender..............