The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not sure Lenos staying, def not long term, been some chatter he may go this summer, which if were spending 32m on a keeper would make sense sadly. Arsenals track record on keepers since Seaman been awful, and maybe about to get worse :(
Well, let's hope you do install Ramsdale as first choice, as we already know, he has a knack for getting relegated. (y) :LOL:

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
'English tax' is ridiculous. Ramsdale is an awful goalkeeper. If he wasn't English you're paying £10mil tops. It's an absolute joke. The homegrown rule needs to be scrapped, or at least changed significantly. White is a good defender, but again, if he's not English he's a £30mil player.

This is why the German Clubs have picked up on a real trick. Sign very young English talent that cannot get first team opporunities then sell back to the cash rich premier league at a massive mark up if they start showing promise. They get a decent player for a few years and it only takes one or two to pay off to inject the club with massive funding.

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
Seems Ole is going to be at the wheel until 2024 having signed a new contract

Same as Klopp. And I'm genuinely interested to see who has the better 3 years.

United signing Sancho, and potentially looking at a net zero transfer fee if they ship out Pogba, is great business. If they build on last season they're only going to get better. All the while we appear to be banking on our injured players from last season stepping up this and probably upgrading the backups (Shaq, Origi etc.) if possible. I'm genuinely excited for this season, I think it's gonna be close at the top and that's best for the whole league.

Unless City spend £160m on Kane although they "can't afford him" if you trust Pep...!

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Same as Klopp. And I'm genuinely interested to see who has the better 3 years.

United signing Sancho, and potentially looking at a net zero transfer fee if they ship out Pogba, is great business. If they build on last season they're only going to get better. All the while we appear to be banking on our injured players from last season stepping up this and probably upgrading the backups (Shaq, Origi etc.) if possible. I'm genuinely excited for this season, I think it's gonna be close at the top and that's best for the whole league.

Unless City spend £160m on Kane although they "can't afford him" if you trust Pep...!

Also rumours of Grealish agreeing terms with Man City. I think if they get Kane and Grealish we might as well give up on the league and try to predict who will finish 2nd and how many points behind Man City they'll be. I do think that if City get those two then Man Utd have to put in a massive bid to get Haaland just to give them any chance of competing. As well as adding Varane or another defender. Either that or let Pogba go to PSG but get Mbappe in return at any cost.

A Utd team of;
Henderson
Wan Bisaka
McGuire
Varane
Shaw
Fred/McTominay
Fernandes
Pogba
Sancho
Cavani/Haaland
Rashford/Greenwood

should be good enough to compete at the top end of the table.

D

Deleted member 15344

Amazing how with every club making significant losses over the past 12 months that City can spend £260mil on two players ?

Another state sponsership deal I guess

D

Deleted member 29109

Amazing how with every club making significant losses over the past 12 months that City can spend £260mil on two players ?

Another state sponsership deal I guess

I don't understand why they would go for Kane of Haaland. Especially when Haaland could be had for a lower price.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
BBC reporting Kane to miss first match of the season due to 'exertions at euros'.first game of the season is Spurs v Man City. Coincidence?