The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
That is awful who would sanction that , got to be one of the worst kits ever.
Given that Nike historically have used the same templates across their various clubs, I wonder if anyone else is getting horror show kits like this?? Or whether it's just us who are the laughing stocks.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
That is hideous, truly hideous :sick::eek:

I'm looking forward to hearing the pretentious design concept behind it. 'Reaching for the stars' , 'no boundaries to what Spurs can achieve' etc :ROFLMAO:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
To be fair I've just had a look at all this season's kits, and there are some other horrors. Here are the worst I've seen:

kitsliv.PNG - what is that checkered trim all about? Horrible.

kitscity.PNG - are they actually serious?? This just looks like a random tee-shirt that you'd buy off a market stall!

kitsev.PNG - I know it's only a goalie one but God, Pickford surely won't be happy about having to wear that. Hideous.

Here's the full page of kits that I got them from:
https://www.footyheadlines.com/2021/05/2021-22-premier-league-kit-overview.html

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
To be fair I've just had a look at all this season's kits, and there are some other horrors. Here are the worst I've seen:

View attachment 37669 - what is that checkered trim all about? Horrible.

View attachment 37670 - are they actually serious?? This just looks like a random tee-shirt that you'd buy off a market stall!

View attachment 37672 - I know it's only a goalie one but God, Pickford surely won't be happy about having to wear that. Hideous.

Here's the full page of kits that I got them from:
https://www.footyheadlines.com/2021/05/2021-22-premier-league-kit-overview.html

Really like the Leeds away kit, see it selling well with the ladies! And Chelsea have gone for some kind of “dazzle” pattern!
West Ham’s sticking with the traditional for the home kit, away looks a bit different but not really dramatic.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Really like the Leeds away kit, see it selling well with the ladies! And Chelsea have gone for some kind of “dazzle” pattern!
West Ham’s sticking with the traditional for the home kit, away looks a bit different but not really dramatic.
Yeah I liked that lilac Leeds kit, nice colour. I quite liked the Chelsea third kit actually, and the City away kit (white one) is lovely, as opposed to that third which is a joke! I also liked the Burnley home, the sleeve design is quite nice.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
To be fair, the city one will go well with a pair of jeans, a big selling point for spare kits.

The Everton gk one is horrible though. The only good point is that it might distract a striker in a one on one :LOL:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I didn't think it was possible, but the 3rd kit is even worse!

Maybe the Nike guys had an internal bet to see who could make the most revolting design.
Often you find all the Nike clubs having the same design templates, just with the colours changed. At least they've moved away from that this year, you have to say!

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I know its funny season for the press but most summers you hope that they may be right on 1 or 2 of the names that are linked, this summer Im hoping were not going to get the names were linked at at the prices. 30m+ for Ramsdale? 40m for Abraham (yup Chelsea want their regular laugh at Arsenal tfr) in addition to White at 50m. Rumours of 65m for Maddison too lol, Assuming weve robbed a big bank and arent too concerned what we spend it on as long as theyre English?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I know its funny season for the press but most summers you hope that they may be right on 1 or 2 of the names that are linked, this summer Im hoping were not going to get the names were linked at at the prices. 30m+ for Ramsdale? 40m for Abraham (yup Chelsea want their regular laugh at Arsenal tfr) in addition to White at 50m. Rumours of 65m for Maddison too lol, Assuming weve robbed a big bank and arent too concerned what we spend it on as long as theyre English?
'English tax' is ridiculous. Ramsdale is an awful goalkeeper. If he wasn't English you're paying £10mil tops. It's an absolute joke. The homegrown rule needs to be scrapped, or at least changed significantly. White is a good defender, but again, if he's not English he's a £30mil player.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
'English tax' is ridiculous. Ramsdale is an awful goalkeeper. If he wasn't English you're paying £10mil tops. It's an absolute joke. The homegrown rule needs to be scrapped, or at least changed significantly. White is a good defender, but again, if he's not English he's a £30mil player.

Sheff Utd want 32m for a keeper who has been relegated the last 2 seasons, they think his value almost doubled last season, i have no idea on what basis! Looks cracking business having sold Martinez for 17m lol. Id much rather see us go for Sam Johnstone for 10m thats for sure

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sheff Utd want 32m for a keeper who has been relegated the last 2 seasons, they think his value almost doubled last season, i have no idea on what basis! Looks cracking business having sold Martinez for 17m lol. Id much rather see us go for Sam Johnstone for 10m thats for sure
Somehow scraped into the England squad on the back of Pope and Henderson getting injured and there being no other options. Hey presto, double in value, ha. Sam Johnstone is absolutely a better goalkeeper. Then again we're talking about a back-up for Leno here I suppose - Johnstone could rival him for first choice, but Ramsdale would be getting splinters all season.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Somehow scraped into the England squad on the back of Pope and Henderson getting injured and there being no other options. Hey presto, double in value, ha. Sam Johnstone is absolutely a better goalkeeper. Then again we're talking about a back-up for Leno here I suppose - Johnstone could rival him for first choice, but Ramsdale would be getting splinters all season.

Not sure Lenos staying, def not long term, been some chatter he may go this summer, which if were spending 32m on a keeper would make sense sadly. Arsenals track record on keepers since Seaman been awful, and maybe about to get worse :(