The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 16999

Not looking good this.

Everton club statement: “Everton can confirm it has suspended a first-team player pending a police investigation. The club will continue to support the authorities with their inquiries and will not be making any further statement at this time”

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not looking good this.

Everton club statement: “Everton can confirm it has suspended a first-team player pending a police investigation. The club will continue to support the authorities with their inquiries and will not be making any further statement at this time”

I know that the player should remain anonymous at this time but with the police statement saying that a 31 year old man had been arrested and then Everton releasing a statement saying a player had been suspended it doesn't take Miss Marple to narrow the list down. I'm assuming that we aren't allowed to name any names on here but there's a very short list of Everton players who are 31 years old.

D

Deleted member 16999

I know that the player should remain anonymous at this time but with the police statement saying that a 31 year old man had been arrested and then Everton releasing a statement saying a player had been suspended it doesn't take Miss Marple to narrow the list down. I'm assuming that we aren't allowed to name any names on here but there's a very short list of Everton players who are 31 years old.
3 in total, 1 only signed yesterday, so just the 2 in reality.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Or just go on twitter his name was trending yesterday

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
3 in total, 1 only signed yesterday, so just the 2 in reality.

Or just go on twitter his name was trending yesterday

One of the names was also trending this morning although some people said that he had played in a friendly on Saturday which would seem unlikely if he'd been arrested on Friday. And having just looked at Twitter the other name is now trending.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
One of the names was also trending this morning although some people said that he had played in a friendly on Saturday which would seem unlikely if he'd been arrested on Friday. And having just looked at Twitter the other name is now trending.

The other name is trending yes but the comments seem to be please be him we don't want him to be the golden child (if you pardon the expression)

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Asmir Begovic and Andros Townsend have signed for Everton. Benitez bringing in PL experience maybe??‍♂️
Both good signings for us. No. 2 keeper slot is always a tricky job. Begovic is still a solid keeper, will push Pickford, a more than able deputy, but at his age will know his role in the squad.

Townsend for free gives us pace, width and the odd goal. We need all 3 of those.

Good to see we are up and running.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57897181

Spurs opening their wallet up now as well
I don't really see the point of this. I guess he'd be back-up to Hugo, maybe Nuno doesn't rate Hart - but we already let Gazzaniga go because we had too many non home-grown players, and your back-up goalie isn't really a good use of a spot. Makes more sense to have an English one.

D

Deleted member 15344

I don't really see the point of this. I guess he'd be back-up to Hugo, maybe Nuno doesn't rate Hart - but we already let Gazzaniga go because we had too many non home-grown players, and your back-up goalie isn't really a good use of a spot. Makes more sense to have an English one.

Maybe Lloris is on the way out ?

Gollini is only 26 , Lloris 35 ?

It’s also it seems a loan with option so it’s risk free as such

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Aside from that goalkeeper, we're being linked with another Atalanta player. But this one was apparently 'defender of the year' in Serie A, his name is Cristian Romero. I've never seen him play, but defender of the year never sounds bad. He was playing for Argentina in the Copa America as well, which they won so that bodes well too.