The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 15344

its worse when you realise it means both mavropanos and saliba are being sent out on loan again and not given an opportunity. saliba cost nearly 30m and will spend his first 2 1/2 yrs out on loan lol

i assume if were spending 50m on one centre half we have a lot more money than thought to address the areas of real concern, ie midfield, RB and another keeper

clubs must salivate when arsenal are interested in their players

How old is Saliba now ? Looks a good player so are they not giving him a go ?

Mavropanos - no idea about him , has he played much

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
How old is Saliba now ? Looks a good player so are they not giving him a go ?

Mavropanos - no idea about him , has he played much

Saliba is 20 i think, paid an extortionate amount for him as an 18 year old, not played him, just keep loaning him back to the french league, rumour has it that Arteta not keen on him and viewed as not physical enough, if thats the case surely loan him to a championship club rather than back to the french league!

Mavropanos is 22 i think, was excellent on loan in the Bundesliga back half of last year, basically giving him to Stuttgart after this years loan

Neither been given a sniff at Arsenal, we preferred to pick David Luiz ?

One thing is very clear with Arteta, you either fit the mould he thinks is right or you dont, not sure Arsenal have the budget to support overhauling the whole squad on that basis though! (Doesnt bode well for Nelson, Maitlin Niles, Willock, Nketiah or the majority of the youngsters coming through Hale End, not to mention the likes of Martinelli whos off to the Olympics for Brazil :( )

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Is that a high bar though ??.

Young player so plenty of years in him. It does seem an awful lot though.
No it’s not .
Always thought DL wasn’t really a CB he is clumsy and ok giving stupid fouls on the halfway line ,but you can’t do it inside or just outside the box.
I think that’s not bad for a young English international with a bright future.
I would have him at Liverpool and offload Matip he’s always injured.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Yes what I have seen of him he looks good.
A massive improvement on DL.

? really not the standard to be comparing with, is he a £50m better option that the 2 youngsters that have been marginalised and do we still have money to strengthen where its really needed? very high price tag for your marquee signing who has little more than 1 years solid form especially when spent money on Gabriel and Mari last year plus holding and chambers when you have 1 keeper at the club (who wants to leave), 2 inadequate right backs (plse cash in Bellerin if anyone will pay you) and an even more serious issue in central midfield. How many centre halves do you need when you dont have any european football?

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
? really not the standard to be comparing with, is he a £50m better option that the 2 youngsters that have been marginalised and do we still have money to strengthen where its really needed? very high price tag for your marquee signing who has little more than 1 years solid form especially when spent money on Gabriel and Mari last year plus holding and chambers when you have 1 keeper at the club (who wants to leave), 2 inadequate right backs (plse cash in Bellerin if anyone will pay you) and an even more serious issue in central midfield. How many centre halves do you need when you dont have any european football?
If your going to improve you need to sort out the defence ask Gareth Southgate for a few tips.
But if the manager insists on playing out from the back you need good players on the ball.imo.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Not seen enough of Lokonga but comes highly rated considering the low price tag :) More to follow hopefully (as well as several exits, yes xhaka, bellerin etc im looking at you)

D

Deleted member 16999

Asmir Begovic and Andros Townsend have signed for Everton. Benitez bringing in PL experience maybe??‍♂️

D

Deleted member 15344

I don't think Utd have a 31 year old ............................. which is nice.
The club involved have released a statement but unfortunately his name was out there already so regardless of what happens his career could be done even if innocent

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
gonna be interesting re fans back at grounds, even more interesting to see if the clowns at a Stockley have learned anything re VAR in the Euros.