The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Dirty or robust? It’s not like he tried to hide it in a sneaky way, right?

Do we want to talk about the English guy (Maguire?) who pretended to be kicked in the face? Trying to get someone send off, maybe?
It was the hand in the face as the Italian leveraged his foot up…

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I don't think that it's just government and tech companies. The football authorities also have to take some of the blame. There is a massive effort put in by them to stop illegal streams of Premier League and Champions League football. The cynic in me would suggest that as illegal streaming costs clubs and organisations a lot of money that is why there is more interest in stopping those and seemingly much less effort put in to stopping abuse. Maybe if racist abuse started costing them millions of pounds in lost income they would be keener to do something about it.[/QUOTE

Just noticed on Facebook there’s a petition going round asking the government to ensure people have ID when they open social accounts over 400,000 signed it.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I said it a good few months ago. Ave stopped my season ticket because part of our beautiful game is pig ugly and I don’t want to be associated with it, I don’t want to be financing it. Seeing videos of mindless morons at Wembley, and I won’t use the term fans. The rascist abuse to our players only endorses that.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

?? what hope is there when it’s teachers also giving the abuse
Doesn’t say much about teachers being professional… they need to make an example of this person and hand them their butt on a plate or put them into a re-education program helping the community.

On another note, Southgate said that it was also coming from abroad as well .. I know we get a lot of stuff from “abroad” and I am of the opinion that we could police that and shall we say disconnect them from communicating with us. Some will say that’s turning a blind eye, but for me it’s taking the oxygen away from them they will have no audience or victims.
But as always it amounts to money and who is making it .. as a society we have a long way to go and making all equal means that those who are living very extravagant lives will lose out , and they don’t want that .

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I would hope (and expect) that the teacher's profile has been hacked.
I suspect you are right on that front. An ex-pupil trying to do some damage? The tweet as described, I'm not on twitter, is utterly appalling and any teacher posting that would surely know it would result in instant dismissal and exclusion from their profession for life. Of course, they really could be that stupid but you would hope not.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
I suspect you are right on that front. An ex-pupil trying to do some damage? The tweet as described, I'm not on twitter, is utterly appalling and any teacher posting that would surely know it would result in instant dismissal and exclusion from their profession for life. Of course, they really could be that stupid but you would hope not.

That story was from ages ago wasn't it? I don't seem to remember the outcome of it ?

D

Deleted member 15344

Anyway, looking on the bright side, there is a move afoot in Scotland for the UK to bestow an award on the great sporting icon that is Roberto.

Do you think there will ever be that one day when you are celebrating the success of your own country as opposed to the success of another beating England ?‍♂️

D

Deleted member 16999

Just read that one of those identified abusing Saka on Instagram is apparently a 15yr old who claims to be on Everton’s books as an U16 player.

If true I hope the Club do the right thing and his career is ended today.

Doesn’t say much about teachers being professional… they need to make an example of this person and hand them their butt on a plate or put them into a re-education program helping the community.

On another note, Southgate said that it was also coming from abroad as well .. I know we get a lot of stuff from “abroad” and I am of the opinion that we could police that and shall we say disconnect them from communicating with us. Some will say that’s turning a blind eye, but for me it’s taking the oxygen away from them they will have no audience or victims.
But as always it amounts to money and who is making it .. as a society we have a long way to go and making all equal means that those who are living very extravagant lives will lose out , and they don’t want that .

Turns out the 15yr Old isn’t on Everton’s books, but plays for a team called Everton YFC, a Team that plays in the Youth Football Scotland League.

Why would a 15yr Old Scottish boy abuse an England player like that?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I realise this will be difficult for someone like yourself to understand.
But people can take an interest in a subject, such as Golf and read internet sites without joining them.
Likewise I can buy a magazine, read it and not have to take up a subscription to said title.
In fact any people, potential members of this site, even possibly sponsors are probably even put off when they see the continual rubbish and deliberate trolling posted by others.

So you have an interest in golf, don't sign up but follow every other little thread?

I'm flattered by your stalking but I'm happily married.