• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Is that easy to prove or disprove.
As I said I am not to tech savvy.
How do you hack someones account.?
Is it weak security or just carelessness.?

depends what you call hack, if you leave your account signed in on your phone then go to the toilet leaving your phone on the table then its an open goal for a "friend" to pick up your phone and post on your social media

in terms of someone you dont know hacking you, get plenty of people whose accounts get hacked because they click on a link etc

preventable but most people dont :)

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
But we are not just talking about the UK here, we are talking a global scale operation by what are not even UK companies. With trump still lurking as well, it could easily be a massive right wing call to arms in the US. Just playing devils advocate here on what I can see coming.
I see your point but ultimately we need to stop these companies from making excuses. Identifying who you are at some stage so that there is traceability in terms of the law seems pretty reasonable. If the SM companies don't like it then get them to come up with an alternative. It is not about Big Brother, it is accountability of individuals for their actions.

sunshine

Visit site
A few odd selections in there. You'd argue Schick was better than Lukaku. Maehle deserves to be in, he was unreal for Denmark. I'm still not sure why they gave Donnarumma the player of the tournament thing, I'd argue Pickford was better across the tournament, but whatever. Was Maguire really that great? I won't object to him being there but perhaps a little surprised.

I don't think any of the selections were surprising. But you can argue plenty of others.

Donnarumma was immense, but so was Pickford. And Schmeichel.
Shaw and Maehle were superb. Denzel Dumfried made a terrific impact in the group stage.
I thought Mings played really well in the opening games but then Maguire came in and played at another level, so I understand why he made it. Mings should be in the team for his tweet.
Damsgaard and Verrati had good tournaments.

Up front it wasn't really a tournament where strikers shone. I'd go with Schick as well. But Lukaku, Depay and even Benzema made an impact in the earlier stages. Or you could be a clown like Chris Sutton and select Kane.

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
I can understand the frustration.
So much hype and expectation, then nothing.
Don't wish to gloat but I do remember England winning the W/C in 66.
We basked in the sunshine of it for 4 years until the heart breaker of 1970 when England 2-0 up against W. Germany and coasting made 2 dreadful substitutions which allowed the Germans to push forward and score 3.
Will England ever win again? I don't think so. Not with the present set up.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
not always hiding behind anonymity of social media.... saw this on Linkedin today in response to a post by Jordan Henderson. I did not even know that footy players were on Linkedin. The guy is venting (he is allowed to), but a bit too close to the bone. He does stay away from any racial abuse (thank God). There is a place where disquiet and unhappiness should be allowed

PS: I dont agree with what he has written

1626187042392.png

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
not always hiding behind anonymity of social media.... saw this on Linkedin today in response to a post by Jordan Henderson. I did not even know that footy players were on Linkedin. The guy is venting (he is allowed to), but a bit too close to the bone. He does stay away from any racial abuse (thank God). There is a place where disquiet and unhappiness should be allowed

View attachment 37553
Views and opinions are fine, but abuse is not. We all see stuff differently, which is life’s rich tapestry.
However to qualify his opinion .. one would ask “ who are you? What have you done? What would you know?” … like it’s frequently said here we are all armchair critics with in depth knowledge ? But to openly post this opinion on LinkedIn is risky

D

Deleted member 16999

Views and opinions are fine, but abuse is not. We all see stuff differently, which is life’s rich tapestry.
However to qualify his opinion .. one would ask “ who are you? What have you done? What would you know?” … like it’s frequently said here we are all armchair critics with in depth knowledge ? But to openly post this opinion on LinkedIn is risky
In his profile:
Associate Director - FA Licensed Players Agent/IntermediaryReal-Time International (Agency) LtdJan 2002 - Present19 yrs 7 mos
Professional player representation - Contract and commercial/sponsorship negotiations, lifestyle and investment guidance, and general legal advice. Sporting event organisation collaboration and promotions.

Probably believes he knows more than the players.;)

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
In his profile:
Associate Director - FA Licensed Players Agent/IntermediaryReal-Time International (Agency) LtdJan 2002 - Present19 yrs 7 mos
Professional player representation - Contract and commercial/sponsorship negotiations, lifestyle and investment guidance, and general legal advice. Sporting event organisation collaboration and promotions.

Probably believes he knows more than the players.;)
Is that a bit like some of these purchasing agents employed by team owners ?

D

Deleted member 15344

View attachment 37553

I can’t see what’s wrong with what he posted ?‍♂

It was an opinion that has been seen from a number of people

He didn’t insult anyone as such

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site

Linkedin is not the place for that
I'd agree with both. The post is an opinion, it isn't abusive. LinkedIn is a work related site and to put personal thoughts like that on there is unprofessional I would say. LinkedIn isn't Facebook but that is his lookout.

D

Deleted member 29109

He has right to his opinion. As does everyone else. That doesn't mean hes right the rest of us have to give any credit to his opinion. Which was pretty much a load of rambling nonsense.

sunshine

Visit site
I'm really bemused by all the talk around England's penalty takers.

Why bring on 2 players to take a penalty? It was blatantly obvious they had been practising for weeks, and had a clear ranking order in terms of who was going to take penalties and in what order. Rashford and Sancho were obviously two of the best and introduced with a clear objective. This can't have been a surprise - I'm sure Southgate discussed with the squad before the knock outs that this would happen.

Why give the last penalty to Saka? Again, I'm sure they rehearsed this scenario many times and Saka was the most successful / consistent under pressure. Sometimes youth brings fearlessness.

The players that didn't take a penalty did not bottle it, they just weren't in the top 5.

OK - so the 3 misses were poor penalties. Nerves got the better of them, but I'm sure the squad and management team had done all they could to prepare. This was the most prepared England team / squad I have seen.

In my eyes Southgate and the England squad have really stepped up to the plate and delivered in this tournament. So many England teams from the last 20 years would have tripped up against Germany or Denmark. This is the first time England has been a genuine contender since 1996 (the hot air about the Golden generation was just media hype), and I'm excited about their prospects at the WC.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
I'd agree with both. The post is an opinion, it isn't abusive. LinkedIn is a work related site and to put personal thoughts like that on there is unprofessional I would say. LinkedIn isn't Facebook but that is his lookout.

LinkedIn is getting more and more like Facebook

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
I'm really bemused by all the talk around England's penalty takers.

Why bring on 2 players to take a penalty? It was blatantly obvious they had been practising for weeks, and had a clear ranking order in terms of who was going to take penalties and in what order. Rashford and Sancho were obviously two of the best and introduced with a clear objective. This can't have been a surprise - I'm sure Southgate discussed with the squad before the knock outs that this would happen.

Why give the last penalty to Saka? Again, I'm sure they rehearsed this scenario many times and Saka was the most successful / consistent under pressure. Sometimes youth brings fearlessness.

The players that didn't take a penalty did not bottle it, they just weren't in the top 5.

OK - so the 3 misses were poor penalties. Nerves got the better of them, but I'm sure the squad and management team had done all they could to prepare. This was the most prepared England team / squad I have seen.

In my eyes Southgate and the England squad have really stepped up to the plate and delivered in this tournament. So many England teams from the last 20 years would have tripped up against Germany or Denmark. This is the first time England has been a genuine contender since 1996 (the hot air about the Golden generation was just media hype), and I'm excited about their prospects at the WC.

Sorry but as a former keeper, only 1 England penalty was missed as 2 were saved!