The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
But are we really surprised the Italians were playing dirty? It's what they shine at
Dirty or robust? It’s not like he tried to hide it in a sneaky way, right?

Do we want to talk about the English guy (Maguire?) who pretended to be kicked in the face? Trying to get someone send off, maybe?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Dirty or robust? It’s not like he tried to hide it in a sneaky way, right?

Do we want to talk about the English guy (Maguire?) who pretended to be kicked in the face? Trying to get someone send off, maybe?

If he wanted to get him sent off he would have stayed down or made something of it

He brushed it off pretty quick.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
If he wanted to get him sent off he would have stayed down or made something of it

He brushed it off pretty quick.

I thought Maguire was more of a "steady on old chap that was extraordinary close to knocking my block off" rather than actually feigning there had been contact.

I just want it to be tomorrow or the next day when it's fish and chip paper and I can turn on the news without hearing about the match!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
If we obsess over these decisions we're no better than the Danes and their sour grapes! We had ample opportunity to go and win the game and we didn't take it.
I don't think anyone is suggesting it would have changed the end result, particularly at the time it happened. We weren't robbed last night, I don't have the gutting feeling I've had previously.

It's just a talking point.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I just don’t think the Government and tech companies get it .
How long can this sort of thing go on for.
There needs to be action not just “ this is what we need to do”

I don't think that it's just government and tech companies. The football authorities also have to take some of the blame. There is a massive effort put in by them to stop illegal streams of Premier League and Champions League football. The cynic in me would suggest that as illegal streaming costs clubs and organisations a lot of money that is why there is more interest in stopping those and seemingly much less effort put in to stopping abuse. Maybe if racist abuse started costing them millions of pounds in lost income they would be keener to do something about it.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
My German magazine has released their team of the tournament including Maguire and Kane.

I can totally see Maguire, no discussion about it. But I would have picked Stirling over Kane. Kane has more goals, but Stirling did ‘do’ more, I think.

But it also shows that this year was really poor in strikers. Or the football is changing and the load of scoring is distributed much more?
Owngoal certainly deserves to be in the running for the team.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
By the rules it’s a shirt pull which is a yellow - for it to be a red then it’s got to be dangerous play , pulling a shirt ?‍♂️ I think the ref got that one right

I can’t see any referee giving it a red and VAR seemed to agree with the ref and didn’t even appear to be any potential red card check

It’s cynical and professional but not a ref imo

Can this now clear up the clear goal scoring opportunity misinformation please

There are two defenders who could get to saka if he had broken through which is why it couldn't be a red under that law.

Infact watching again...he not even last man!!!

Not a red but Saka is already at full pace, the other defenders are all on their heels, there's no way they would have caught him and he would have been clean through on goal IMO.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not a red but Saka is already at full pace, the other defenders are all on their heels, there's no way they would have caught him and he would have been clean through on goal IMO.

That's were we get into should of could of would of

They have to go by facts and defenders were there

The fact they were slow .. running the other way.. hobbling on one leg doesn't matter

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My German magazine has released their team of the tournament including Maguire and Kane.

I can totally see Maguire, no discussion about it. But I would have picked Stirling over Kane. Kane has more goals, but Stirling did ‘do’ more, I think.

But it also shows that this year was really poor in strikers. Or the football is changing and the load of scoring is distributed much more?
This has always been a bugbear for me.
Striker scores a goal and does nothing else in the 90 mins gets MOM.
Defenders play out of their skins and watch the likes of Kane getting plaudits.
That’s football for you, especially in the media.

D

Deleted member 15344

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site

No, just no (I'm talking Kane here). Really not deserving of this. Surely Schick from the Czech team deserved to be in ahead of Kane?

As you say a real dearth of strikers in the tournament. How good would Spain or Italy be with a goalscorer? Hopefully some will come to the fore for the World Cup. Strikers bring excitement.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
No, just no (I'm talking Kane here). Really not deserving of this. Surely Schick from the Czech team deserved to be in ahead of Kane?
They picked Schick, Kane and Ronaldo up front. DeBruyne, a few Italian players, a couple of Dutch and a Danish guy.

Rossi or Vialli would have helped the Italians a lot. But also a Lineker for England.

D

Deleted member 15344

They picked Schick, Kane and Ronaldo up front. DeBruyne, a few Italian players, a couple of Dutch and a Danish guy.

Rossi or Vialli would have helped the Italians a lot. But also a Lineker for England.

Ronaldo and Kane are just token picks - Schick , Sterling , Chiesa , Insigne all had better comps than both Ronaldo and Kane

De Bryune had one good half as well

also why do people do this

The Danes did it after they lost the semi

https://www.sportbible.com/football...ch-of-euro-2020-final-20210712?source=twitter