The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
On the occasions when the England cricket team's "*** it" approach backfires horribly, there are always plenty who complain about the lack of responsibility - even if the defeat is sandwiched between a handful of spectacular victories.
If Southgate decided to go full on Eoin Morgan he'd be sacked after the second defeat.
Hey, I'm managing from the settee, clear off :ROFLMAO:.

Okay, I'll go full Eoin (World Cup winning captain :D). We wouldn't lose because we have faith in those players who looked so strong in extra time. No time to change, more of the same and take the Danes apart as they become more tired, become more desperate. Jack and Phil playing keep ball ole.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The fact that we do play two holding midfielders means that having Kane stuck upfront is simply wrong. Thus him coming deep, he "fills the gap". Until Gareth tweaks his formation and puts Foden/Grealish/Other in the no 10 position and lose the second holding man, then we are stuck with what we have, and that mean Kane dropping. Also most other teams are sitting at home watching England. :cool:

Also if you look at our holding midfielders, across the games, the played a variety of holding positions. E.g. against Croatia, Phillips was further up and Rice behind.
Where was Mount playing then? Other?

RichA

Visit site
Hey, I'm managing from the settee, clear off :ROFLMAO:.

Okay, I'll go full Eoin (World Cup winning captain :D). We wouldn't lose because we have faith in those players who looked so strong in extra time. No time to change, more of the same and take the Danes apart as they become more tired, become more desperate. Jack and Phil playing keep ball ole.
I'd love it, but football is fickle and so are we. 99% of us are desperate to see devil may care, free flowing football. However, Monday's conversations would be about the next manager if Italy stuck 6 past our adventurous, attacking team. Southgate knows it.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It’s the next day after the event - it’s raw and people will talk about it until the next event happens , that’s how it goes , it was certainly worldwide for Hand Of God and other events always get talked about the day after the event - in a couple of days it will be something else or whatever happens in the final - Denmark will prob talk about it for a while just like England talk about their injustices as they say - Germany Prob still go on about the 66 final and the ball crossing the line or not.

Who is “they” ? Preventive measures for what ?
The ones who are having a little investigation .. or a few beers and a nice meal followed by some entertainment

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
We really should hang our heads in shame. No other country has fans who act in a similar way...

It doesn't make it right - but let's not self-flagellate so much or enjoy it so much!

Name one set of international fans who have as much "knobheadness" as England fans. They may have done similar or even worse in some respects, but England fans tick all of the boxes.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Let's talk about Kalvin Phillips. I think it's pretty sure that if Hendo were fit at matchday 1, he would not have had a look in. Last night I saw the stats, he covered 15km!! making a couple of assumptions, that is at a pace that would run a 52 minute 10k while playing footy! Has to be the fittest bloke in the squad, I don't think he has a knackered setting!!

Plus, he breaks up play very well and is decent in distribution! I knew naff all about him 3 weeks ago too!!

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Name one set of international fans who have as much "knobheadness" as England fans. They may have done similar or even worse in some respects, but England fans tick all of the boxes.

I'm sure there are plenty. Welsh fans love a good old boo of God Save The Queen :)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Let's talk about Kalvin Phillips. I think it's pretty sure that if Hendo were fit at matchday 1, he would not have had a look in. Last night I saw the stats, he covered 15km!! making a couple of assumptions, that is at a pace that would run a 52 minute 10k while playing footy! Has to be the fittest bloke in the squad, I don't think he has a knackered setting!!

Plus, he breaks up play very well and is decent in distribution! I knew naff all about him 3 weeks ago too!!
I suppose that comes from playing under Bielsa. You have to be a machine to get in his team. I do think he does a very similar role to Hendo though, and as you say, the spot he has in the team would have been Hendo's if fit. But Southgate has quite rightly not wanted to drop him due to his good performances.

D

Deleted member 15344

This Phil
what’s the issue ? Person carries out something which I believe is banned or illegal so charges are brought - is that not the correct way to go ?

I’m sure there was a crackdown on them recently - so you would expect something to be done , it clearly can’t be ignored

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Genuine question.. Where is Vardy? Does not seem to be part of the squad either. The only Vardy in the news seems to a certain wagatha christie ... which is pointless, since i dont follow any celebrity nonsense

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
what’s the issue ? Person carries out something which I believe is banned or illegal so charges are brought - is that not the correct way to go ?

I’m sure there was a crackdown on them recently - so you would expect something to be done , it clearly can’t be ignored
No it can’t but it’s not going to change what’s happened just trying to prevent it in the future.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Not read the last five pages, but apparently the Scottish have supported five teams through this tournament and not won once ?

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Genuine question.. Where is Vardy? Does not seem to be part of the squad either. The only Vardy in the news seems to a certain wagatha christie ... which is pointless, since i dont follow any celebrity nonsense

He voluntarily retired from international duty. He did leave the door open though, "if really needed".