The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Why do they need hendersons apparent "leadership" the team is full of leaders..

Kane
Maigure
Grealish
Rice

All captains of their clubs .. more than enough leadership

Don't need someone who's cockey enough to take a pen off someone when half fit and not even a decent pen taker ? I'm sure that went down well with the squad

And the amount of major trophies by these "leaders"???????

Divvy.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
I've never seen Henderson offer any kind of 'leadership' when playing for England. Or offer any kind of drive forward.

We had a bad game. Get over it. If you can't don't bother watching the next one if it really depresses you that much. Do something you enjoy instead.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I didn't know whether to put this in the laughter thread but this morning the local paper up here are suggesting Newcastle will offer money and a player to Arsenal for Willock. I'm trying to contemplate which player Arsenal would want from the Newcastle team and once I get past Saint Maximim I've got nothing. You have to love local papers and their off season football gossip.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
I didn't know whether to put this in the laughter thread but this morning the local paper up here are suggesting Newcastle will offer money and a player to Arsenal for Willock. I'm trying to contemplate which player Arsenal would want from the Newcastle team and once I get past Saint Maximim I've got nothing. You have to love local papers and their off season football gossip.

Steve Bruce could be an improvement to their back line ??

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
A couple of posts by England supporters assuming that they will finish in first or second place without noticing how open the group still is.
But that has absolutely no relevance to the post you quoted. He was saying we should go all out for the win and try and ensure we win the group, rather than playing for 2nd for a supposed easier draw. He never said we couldn't finish 3rd?

Right im fully recovered after Fridays fiasco...

Its coming home :ROFLMAO:
More chance of * coming home.

*name was removed by a mod :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
But that has absolutely no relevance to the post you quoted. He was saying we should go all out for the win and try and ensure we win the group, rather than playing for 2nd for a supposed easier draw. He never said we couldn't finish 3rd?

More chance of coming home.

Jack Grealish would find with 3 men surrounding him at all times! :ROFLMAO:

He cant if he isnt given the opportunity though...

Last edited by a moderator:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Jack Grealish would find with 3 men surrounding him at all times! :ROFLMAO:

He cant if he isnt given the opportunity though...
To be fair I'm a huge fan of his, but he get 'an opportunity' the other day and did very little like the rest of them. We do need changes though, I'd still give him the start, along with Sancho in Sterling's place, and bring Trippier back in. Rest Mount or Phillips to keep Foden in.

(Edit: Actually, that's basically the team I was saying to start in the first place before the tournament. :LOL:)

Last edited by a moderator:

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
To be fair I'm a huge fan of his, but he get 'an opportunity' the other day and did very little like the rest of them. We do need changes though, I'd still give him the start, along with Sancho in Sterling's place, and bring Trippier back in. Rest Mount or Phillips to keep Foden in.

(Edit: Actually, that's basically the team I was saying to start in the first place before the tournament. :LOL:)

I'd like to change it up a bit

------------------Pickford

Tripper --stones---mings--shaw

----------------rice-----mount

Sancho----------grealish------foden

----------------------kane

Mount being more box to box in there , grealish foden and sancho being fluid 3 with Kane making some runs in behind STOP COMING DEEP he isn't playing for Pep yet lol

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'd like to change it up a bit

------------------Pickford

Tripper --stones---mings--shaw

----------------rice-----mount

Sancho----------grealish------foden

----------------------kane

Mount being more box to box in there , grealish foden and sancho being fluid 3 with Kane making some runs in behind STOP COMING DEEP he isn't playing for Pep yet lol
Yeah that's basically exactly what I was thinking. (y) Though maybe Foden in the middle and Grealish wide for me. But they would interchange during the game anyway I feel.

Wishful thinking anyway, this is Southgate so he'll probably switch to the back five to make sure we get the nil nil that sees us through. ?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yeah that's basically exactly what I was thinking. (y) Though maybe Foden in the middle and Grealish wide for me. But they would interchange during the game anyway I feel.

Wishful thinking anyway, this is Southgate so he'll probably switch to the back five to make sure we get the nil nil that sees us through. ?

A back 5 wouldn't be so terrible if done correctly tbh.

You need walker at CB to allow tripper to basically bomb forward .. or if you really really want to do it properly player saka as a wing back and let him lose lol

But we don't play with zip and speed

Grealish and foden makes sense easily swapable

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site

Stuck him out wide, never fed him enough of the ball and when we did, he was brilliant.

Should have taken off Mount (for a rest more than anything - I rate Mount) for Jack. Sancho for Foden, Rashford for Sterling and kept Kane on.

While he played well in game 1, Phillips was poor on Friday - I'd like to see mount play box to box and give the freedom at 10 to JG.

Last edited: