The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 15344

Better looking Madrid side with Hazard and Ramos back. Tuchel looking to hold what hes got with Jorginho and Kante both playing. Could be a fun one

Hazard has had a mare at Madrid but wouldn’t surprise me to see him have a blinder tonight - interesting team choice for Chelsea , going to be very narrow

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not going off on tangents, but I met Amanda last Feb a few weeks before lockdown. She did a talk at chesterfield theatre and it was a fantastic hour and a half. She signed a book after and we had a natter. Will try and book her cottage for me mum when it opens. Clemmy her daughter makes me laugh out loud. The final I was due me second vaccine at 6.40 that day ? it’s been changed.

Clemmy is as cute as the cutest puppy - that's high praise from me...super cute and super smart :love:

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
From a Fans perspective the CL final is really strange nervousness - one off final for what a lot call the biggest trophy in Club football - the build up is intense and it’s big shame no fans will be there to enjoy the atmosphere .

I think for a lot outside the UK their respective league is just the gateway to the CL which is seen as the bigger comp but I’m glad in England the fans still see the league as number one all day long

Its great for 15 minutes then your German keeper goes nuts and gets sent off ????????????

D

Deleted member 15344

Cant agree with you on that Phil.he looks bang average to me.

I think he is another player who has suffered from Covid issues disrupting his season and even more so coming into a new league also with a manager who really didn’t know what to do with him. He is very good on the ball , seems to glide with ease - reminds me of Kaka a little

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Same as 1st leg. Dared to look at BBC Live Text once at 0-0 then David said "we always said Mahrez was a world beater" (we both find him frustrating) so I knew we'd scored and checked the web page every few minutes after that. Felt amazingly calm! Loved the plaudits coming in for the team, for Foden and for the amazing team spirit - really made me proud to be a supporter :love:

I'm not sure what to do for the final...
Can’t belive you don’t watch the games.
In my modest opinion.
In the past City’s defence just wasn’t good enough.
But you scared the life out of Prem teams with your strikers so nobody really had a go at you.
This masked the defensive problems.
Big European teams were not scared of you and they beat you.
That’s not the case anymore and you have the best defence you have had for a very long time.
And it shows in the way you play, knowing you have a first class defence frees the midfield and forwards to express themselves.
It’s good to watch.
The only thing that stumped me is how did Fernandinho not get a card last night.;)

D

Deleted member 15344

That will do it then - deserved to go through , Madrid looked the ageing team they are . They need a big overhaul in that squad

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So that's up to 8000 UK based fans that could be travelling to Turkey for the CL final. A country currently in lockdown due to the number of Covid cases they've got. UEFA say that it's not possible to move the location of the final, despite the fact that last year they moved the finals to Portugal due to the Covid situation.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
So that's up to 8000 UK based fans that could be travelling to Turkey for the CL final. A country currently in lockdown due to the number of Covid cases they've got. UEFA say that it's not possible to move the location of the final, despite the fact that last year they moved the finals to Portugal due to the Covid situation.

UEFA, looking out for the real football fans as they keep telling us, yeah of course they are, thats why Chelsea and Arsenal went to Baku

With Covid going on finals should def be moved if 2 clubs from the same country in the final

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
What made me chuckle. There’s a news story where folk are flying back to the UK from red zone countries via Turkey so they don’t have to isolate when they return.

That said congrats to Chelsea. Get yer blue fez’s out