The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Seriously why do you care what other clubs fans think? If you win the league its been a great season full stop! Enjoy your clubs success rather than downplaying it as an average double or rammel or trying to compare it to others (maybe compare it to how you were doing 10+ years ago?) Get some perspective from all the other club that have a chance to win nothing that youre going to be disappointed if you only win 2 trophies and compare yourself to one other club. And you wonder why people who were pulling for City a few years ago arent anymore

I don’t care what other fans think. No that’s wrong, I don’t care about the negative thoughts of other fans. As a City fan, trying to defend your club being bought out by the Arabs and the outside money they brought in has become tiresome over the years. Seriously, it wears you down to the extent you know what is coming. My thoughts on City winning an “average double” are what you have come to expect as a City fan. The negativity, if thats a cross you have to bear then so be it. As you say “ And you wonder why people who were pulling for City a few years ago arent anymore”. Why is that? Is it anything to do with what City fans do Or say, Coz if it is then am Missing something. Is It more to do with the dirty money owners. Again if it is, then that’s a cross I will bear.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I don’t care what other fans think. No that’s wrong, I don’t care about the negative thoughts of other fans. As a City fan, trying to defend your club being bought out by the Arabs and the outside money they brought in has become tiresome over the years. Seriously, it wears you down to the extent you know what is coming. My thoughts on City winning an “average double” are what you have come to expect as a City fan. The negativity, if thats a cross you have to bear then so be it. As you say “ And you wonder why people who were pulling for City a few years ago arent anymore”. Why is that? Is it anything to do with what City fans do Or say, Coz if it is then am Missing something. Is It more to do with the dirty money owners. Again if it is, then that’s a cross I will bear.

Why is that? Its things like City fans calling it an average double or rammel ;)

Most footie fans my age knew City fans and what they went through for the previous 20 years, thats why people were pulling for them to have some success, like why they pulled for Leicester as the underdog etc. When fans make "average double" type comments then theres been enough of a shift where you dont need us pulling for you ;)

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
For me, winning your domestic league is priority number 1. Real had a spell of winning the CL a few years ago, Barcelona kept winning the league. If Real can't be the best team in Spain then how can they be the best team in Europe? At the end of the day the CL is still a cup comp, not a proper league, a true test.

If / when City win the league they will have had the best season of an English club this season, no matter what else happens.

D

Deleted member 15344

Why is that? Its things like City fans calling it an average double or rammel ;)

Most footie fans my age knew City fans and what they went through for the previous 20 years, thats why people were pulling for them to have some success, like why they pulled for Leicester as the underdog etc. When fans make "average double" type comments then theres been enough of a shift where you dont need us pulling for you ;)

The sympathy towards City is flowing a lot

There is no such thing as an average double

If City win the league and league cup then it’s a excellent season , add the CL then it’s outstanding. To call winning a double of league and cup “average” borders on self entitlement and arrogance . City have outstanding players and manager , they had an owner come in a spend a significant amount of money without any worries on what comes into the club to balance the books - it’s a position that most clubs would love to be. £630mil net spend over the past 5 years - staggering

Unfortunately recent events in regards the FFP and court case showed that they got passed the rules and got away with it due to procedural issues from UEFA as opposed to City being innocent of the charges will be in people’s mind and for some will taint the trophies - but the fans will create the siege mentality and its prob what most fans will do

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think what Tashy is saying that it would be perceived as an average double by non City fans and the "it's only because they've got money" critics.

For me it's about winning the league every single time and anything else is cherry on top of a truly delicious cake :)

First time I've really wanted the CL as it feels like Pep wants it badly and, for me, deserves it to shut up those that say he's not achieved enough if City don't win it.

Anyway. We have a chance now - result! Just need to decide whether I try to watch it live or follow on BBC live text which as been lucky so far :D:oops:

D

Deleted member 16999

What you are missing is that regardless of what you say or think there will always be those opposition fans who are jealous of your success and will never accept how fortunate yous were as fans.

Enjoy the ride mate and ignore the hypocrites.

D

Deleted member 15344

I think what Tashy is saying that it would be perceived as an average double by non City fans and the "it's only because they've got money" critics.

For me it's about winning the league every single time and anything else is cherry on top of a truly delicious cake :)

First time I've really wanted the CL as it feels like Pep wants it badly and, for me, deserves it to shut up those that say he's not achieved enough if City don't win it.

Anyway. We have a chance now - result! Just need to decide whether I try to watch it live or follow on BBC live text which as been lucky so far :D:oops:

From a Fans perspective the CL final is really strange nervousness - one off final for what a lot call the biggest trophy in Club football - the build up is intense and it’s big shame no fans will be there to enjoy the atmosphere .

I think for a lot outside the UK their respective league is just the gateway to the CL which is seen as the bigger comp but I’m glad in England the fans still see the league as number one all day long

D

Deleted member 1418

Someone sounds confident about tonight :)

?

I was genuinely surprised at how poor and lacklustre Real were last week - the tie should have been over by half-time, but again the lack of a clinical finisher in front of goal went against Chelsea.

I'm fully expecting Real to be better tonight, but IMO they are not a great Real side. ?? we do get the job done and reach the final, which I would never have thought possible when Frank was in charge.

I think we'd give Citeh a better game in the final.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Winning the league is the big one, for me. Only a very good team wins the league, that's what it's all about. Good teams win the Champion's League, but there is also the luck of the draw element (proven when we somehow fluked our way to the final the other year). For an even number of trophies I'd still look at the league winners as having had the best season in that comparison.

That said, it really is about time this City team won the Champs League. Doing so largely without Aguero would be a bit of a turn-up though, amazing they never won it when he was at his peak really. But I think the squad needs it to really crown the era of this team, and Pep needs it of course because people are starting to ask questions on that front. I think they will win it too, whether it's Real or Chelsea in the final.

Agreed , Liverpool have won the "champions" league a few times but only been premier League champs once

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
?

I was genuinely surprised at how poor and lacklustre Real were last week - the tie should have been over by half-time, but again the lack of a clinical finisher in front of goal went against Chelsea.

I'm fully expecting Real to be better tonight, but IMO they are not a great Real side. ?? we do get the job done and reach the final, which I would never have thought possible when Frank was in charge.

I think we'd give Citeh a better game in the final.

Tonights got 0-0 written all over it to me so no doubt will be a 4-3 thriller haha

Madrid are very curates egg, on their day theyre still very dangerous but they seem few and far between lately. You should have enough but lack of a goalscorer may come back to haunt a little?

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
As much as I like a good debate and conversation about football I came to the conclusion the forum was not the place.
Lots and lots of reasons.
I pop in most days to see what’s being talked about and will comment,wether we are winning or losing :).
Debating a point like you and Paul are doing going around in circles getting nowhere is imo a waste of time and life.

Just weird you decided that after many years on the forum, and by pure chance the year we won the league. Mad innit?

Tashyboy

Visit site

Did you watch the game or turn everything off Like me. I watched the Yorkshire shepherdess ?. My lad told me the score with 78 mins gone. It was another long 12 mins. When I saw the white pitch at the start wondered what the heck had gone off.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Did you watch the game or turn everything off Like me. I watched the Yorkshire shepherdess ?. My lad told me the score with 78 mins gone. It was another long 12 mins. When I saw the white pitch at the start wondered what the heck had gone off.

Same as 1st leg. Dared to look at BBC Live Text once at 0-0 then David said "we always said Mahrez was a world beater" (we both find him frustrating) so I knew we'd scored and checked the web page every few minutes after that. Felt amazingly calm! Loved the plaudits coming in for the team, for Foden and for the amazing team spirit - really made me proud to be a supporter :love:

I'm not sure what to do for the final...

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just weird you decided that after many years on the forum, and by pure chance the year we won the league. Mad innit?
I did say at the time you looked like winning it you lot would be unbearable.
I also congratulated Liverpool on their success.
Time moves on,life moves on and football has moved into an unbearable era.
In fact I’m sure you would agree as a match goer it’s not football anymore.

Tashyboy

Visit site
PS Also watching Our Yorkshire Farm - I want to be part of that family!
Not going off on tangents, but I met Amanda last Feb a few weeks before lockdown. She did a talk at chesterfield theatre and it was a fantastic hour and a half. She signed a book after and we had a natter. Will try and book her cottage for me mum when it opens. Clemmy her daughter makes me laugh out loud. The final I was due me second vaccine at 6.40 that day ? it’s been changed.