The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 16999

You hardly ever talk about Everton, lets face it. When was your last in depth post on it?

I class Everton as a big 6 club, opinions, eh?

Yes, and we've been on here for years in many fallow years, unless some who disappear when the going gets tough, or their team stops winning things - Hi Pokerjoke!!!! :)

I know Leicester's history, and that was in the championship, so still a fairytale for most. Have AXA given us a billion to spend freely - so what is your point there?
When was your last in depth post on Lpool? I’ll talk about Everton when the conversation involves them? I very much doubt anyone wants me to ramble on about them!

Leicester shouldn’t of been in the PL if the rules were applied correctly, so I take it we just ignore that transgression?

I didn’t realise oil money is not dirty if it only involves millions.

I’m not sure if your confusing yourself here, I answered Tashyboy, you, you then answer me and then we get the why are we talking about LPool and not Everton, like I said before, it would be quite strange to start making comments and asking questions about Chelsea or Arsenal etc to a LPool fan.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
When was your last in depth post on Lpool? I’ll talk about Everton when the conversation involves them? I very much doubt anyone wants me to ramble on about them!

Leicester shouldn’t of been in the PL if the rules were applied correctly, so I take it we just ignore that transgression?

I didn’t realise oil money is not dirty if it only involves millions.

I’m not sure if your confusing yourself here, I answered Tashyboy, you, you then answer me and then we get the why are we talking about LPool and not Everton, like I said before, it would be quite strange to start making comments and asking questions about Chelsea or Arsenal etc to a LPool fan.

I'm sure I must have mentioned us when we were talking about the ESL, you probably after 6 games when you were top of the league.

No not ignoring it, just nowhere near the same spending as what others did.

Maybe your laying the groundwork for when Everton learn to spend the next billionaire of the rank's money more wisely?

If its a business now and not a sport, why dont you support Amazon instead of the ev?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 16999

I'm sure I must have mentioned us when we were talking about the ESL, you probably after 6 games when you were top of the league.

No not ignoring it, just nowhere near the same spending as what others did.

Maybe your laying the groundwork for when Everton learn to spend the next billionaire of the rank's money more wisely?

If its a business now and not a sport, why dont you support Amazon instead of the ev?
I’ll support Everton till the day I die, I’ll reminisce about the “good old days” before the PL and CL while living in the real world and facing the facts that the game has gone and we’ll never get it back.

If a team has better players I really don’t care if they brought them through their ranks or a billionaire gave them the money for them, it’s never truly been a level playing field and it certainly isn’t now.

I don’t know if you watched the match tonight, but there was some great football and at times a joy to watch, I can only admire the skill of the players and really couldn’t begrudge the City fans the excitement and joy of reaching their first CL Final, something I can only dream of.

Sadly there’ll be many a bitter LPool fan pissed off and annoyed whose only thoughts will be “they only got there because of oil money”

Life’s too short to not want the genuine City fans to enjoy the ride.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I’ll support Everton till the day I die, I’ll reminisce about the “good old days” before the PL and CL while living in the real world and facing the facts that the game has gone and we’ll never get it back.

If a team has better players I really don’t care if they brought them through their ranks or a billionaire gave them the money for them, it’s never truly been a level playing field and it certainly isn’t now.

I don’t know if you watched the match tonight, but there was some great football and at times a joy to watch, I can only admire the skill of the players and really couldn’t begrudge the City fans the excitement and joy of reaching their first CL Final, something I can only dream of.

Sadly there’ll be many a bitter LPool fan pissed off and annoyed whose only thoughts will be “they only got there because of oil money”

Life’s too short to not want the genuine City fans to enjoy the ride.

Oh your spectacularly magnanimous arent you? A so-called football fan, who would be more than happy to see another club go to the wall.

End of conversation.(y)

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ander Herrera: "We were the better side for 70 minutes. We tried it all. We attacked, we tried to attack... We are going to leave here with our heads held high."

????????????????
"After the match, PSG players Verrati and Herrera reportedly claimed referee Bjorn Kuipers swore at them during the game"

????. Round of applause for the ref! ???

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 15344

Good to see the ref stand up to the antics of some of the PSG players - was a strong ref

But there was an incident in the box where Diaz or Stones just pushed the PSG player over ? I’m not sure if there was anything before hand but seemed strange that it wasn’t given as penalty by VAR and a foul against PSG ? And City at times were also cynical - how Fernandino didn’t get a booking is a mystery

Overall it’s clear that PSG just rely on Neymar and Mbappe - without Mbappe it was down to Neymar and as he does a lot flatter to deceive when it comes to the big games - they marked him well.

PSG are in a very uncompetitive league and if they focus on just buying star strikers then they won’t win the CL - Neymar I can see leaving soon and Mbappe also - both of them their contracts run out next year. Would love Mbappe to play alongside Salah and Co ?

And City - Foden again - what a player he is , hard to see him not being in the mix alongside the likes of Mbappe and Haaland as the very best young talents in football - Mahrez again , and Diaz looks a great buy. Wonder what Laporte will do - can’t be happy sat on the bench

Hard to see what Madrid or Chelsea can do to stop them winning now. It will be the first team owned by Middle East owners to win the CL - something they have really wanted

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
You hardly ever talk about Everton, lets face it. When was your last in depth post on it?

I class Everton as a big 6 club, opinions, eh?

Yes, and we've been on here for years in many fallow years, unless some who disappear when the going gets tough, or their team stops winning things - Hi Pokerjoke!!!! :)

I know Leicester's history, and that was in the championship, so still a fairytale for most. Have AXA given us a billion to spend freely - so what is your point there?
As much as I like a good debate and conversation about football I came to the conclusion the forum was not the place.
Lots and lots of reasons.
I pop in most days to see what’s being talked about and will comment,wether we are winning or losing :).
Debating a point like you and Paul are doing going around in circles getting nowhere is imo a waste of time and life.

D

Deleted member 15344

Probably something similar to what Chelsea did in the FA Cup Semi Final should we get to the CL final.....!! ????

Going to be a different Man City team

Stones , Foden , Mahrez , Walker , Ilkay , Zinchenjo , Ederson will all start this time which looks like his preferred strongest line up at the moment

But Chelsea’s back line very strong at the moment - can hope they keep them out ?

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
As much as I like a good debate and conversation about football I came to the conclusion the forum was not the place.
Lots and lots of reasons.

I pop in most days to see what’s being talked about and will comment,wether we are winning or losing :).
Debating a point like you and Paul are doing going around in circles getting nowhere is imo a waste of time and life.

?

D

Deleted member 1418

Going to be a different Man City team

Stones , Foden , Mahrez , Walker , Ilkay , Zinchenjo , Ederson will all start this time which looks like his preferred strongest line up at the moment

But Chelsea’s back line very strong at the moment - can hope they keep them out ?

Yep, but all the pressure will be on City to win their first CL after winning the EPL.

If Chelsea get there then we'll be the underdogs, like we were in Munich against Bayern.

And we all know that Istanbul has a history of favouring the underdogs in a CL final.......?

Tashyboy

Visit site
Yep, but all the pressure will be on City to win their first CL after winning the EPL.

If Chelsea get there then we'll be the underdogs, like we were in Munich against Bayern.

And we all know that Istanbul has a history of favouring the underdogs in a CL final.......?

Tonight City will know who is going to Istanbul.
Short version I would prefer Madrid.
Long version if it’s Chelsea and I hope it is, there’s a couple of things to contemplate. All the talk has been of City winning the Quad, now treble. Most of that talk was not by City fans. But my fear is City win the league and that’s it. An Average double. Chelsea however go on to win the FA cup and the champs league, then all of a sudden who have had the better season.
As it stands City’s season could come down to 2 games. This weekend v guess who, Chelsea. It’s a biggie, made all the bigger with the cancelling of last weekends Utd v Liverpool game. Then the Champs league final which could be against Chelsea.
So talking about Chelsea. Chelsea could have 6 big games til the end of the season. 4 in the league to qualify for Champs league next year. FA cup and champs league final. There’s not much chance to rest players, plus there’s always the chance of injuries. Come what may, City and Chelsea seem to be peaking in terms of performance at the right time of the season.
gonna be an interesting May for the prem, FA cup, Europa cup and champs league.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Tonight City will know who is going to Istanbul.
Short version I would prefer Madrid.
Long version if it’s Chelsea and I hope it is, there’s a couple of things to contemplate. All the talk has been of City winning the Quad, now treble. Most of that talk was not by City fans. But my fear is City win the league and that’s it. An Average double. Chelsea however go on to win the FA cup and the champs league, then all of a sudden who have had the better season.
As it stands City’s season could come down to 2 games. This weekend v guess who, Chelsea. It’s a biggie, made all the bigger with the cancelling of last weekends Utd v Liverpool game. Then the Champs league final which could be against Chelsea.
So talking about Chelsea. Chelsea could have 6 big games til the end of the season. 4 in the league to qualify for Champs league next year. FA cup and champs league final. There’s not much chance to rest players, plus there’s always the chance of injuries. Come what may, City and Chelsea seem to be peaking in terms of performance at the right time of the season.
gonna be an interesting May for the prem, FA cup, Europa cup and champs league.

An average double???? Get over yerself Tashy lol, try explaining what an average double is to the fans of almost every other football club. So much for poor old City who were in div 2 not so long ago now not happy to win the league and a cup in a season

No wonder other fans cant stand the big 6

Tashyboy

Visit site
An average double???? Get over yerself Tashy lol, try explaining what an average double is to the fans of almost every other football club. So much for poor old City who were in div 2 not so long ago now not happy to win the league and a cup in a season

No wonder other fans cant stand the big 6

Yup an average double. Everyone bar City fans were talking about a Quad, now a treble. I can just imagine how City’s season has been a failure coz they have a mediocre league cup ( not City’s fans thoughts on a trophy they have won for four years) and winning the title in what has been a rubbish year. Yup that average double is looking even more rammel. Remember Liverpool were the greatest club team ever 2 years ago now there rubbish According to other clubs fans. Not only that they took great delight at seeing Liverpool fall on there face. Am sure the fans of almost every other club would take great delight in seeing the oil money, dirty money team fall flat on there faces. Apart from those that have followed football long enough to remember power shifts or before the prem league started.
Just outta interest. If City win the league and league cup. Chelsea the FA cup and Champs league. Who has had the better season ? me I would put a quid on Chelsea, esp with Tuchel coming in when He did.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yup an average double. Everyone bar City fans were talking about a Quad, now a treble. I can just imagine how City’s season has been a failure coz they have a mediocre league cup ( not City’s fans thoughts on a trophy they have won for four years) and winning the title in what has been a rubbish year. Yup that average double is looking even more rammel. Remember Liverpool were the greatest club team ever 2 years ago now there rubbish According to other clubs fans. Not only that they took great delight at seeing Liverpool fall on there face. Am sure the fans of almost every other club would take great delight in seeing the oil money, dirty money team fall flat on there faces. Apart from those that have followed football long enough to remember power shifts or before the prem league started.
Just outta interest. If City win the league and league cup. Chelsea the FA cup and Champs league. Who has had the better season ? me I would put a quid on Chelsea, esp with Tuchel coming in when He did.
Winning the league is the big one, for me. Only a very good team wins the league, that's what it's all about. Good teams win the Champion's League, but there is also the luck of the draw element (proven when we somehow fluked our way to the final the other year). For an even number of trophies I'd still look at the league winners as having had the best season in that comparison.

That said, it really is about time this City team won the Champs League. Doing so largely without Aguero would be a bit of a turn-up though, amazing they never won it when he was at his peak really. But I think the squad needs it to really crown the era of this team, and Pep needs it of course because people are starting to ask questions on that front. I think they will win it too, whether it's Real or Chelsea in the final.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Seriously why do you care what other clubs fans think? If you win the league its been a great season full stop! Enjoy your clubs success rather than downplaying it as an average double or rammel or trying to compare it to others (maybe compare it to how you were doing 10+ years ago?) Get some perspective from all the other club that have a chance to win nothing that youre going to be disappointed if you only win 2 trophies and compare yourself to one other club. And you wonder why people who were pulling for City a few years ago arent anymore

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Seriously why do you care what other clubs fans think? If you win the league its been a great season full stop! Enjoy your clubs success rather than downplaying it as an average double or rammel or trying to compare it to others (maybe compare it to how you were doing 10+ years ago?) Get some perspective from all the other club that have a chance to win nothing that youre going to be disappointed if you only win 2 trophies and compare yourself to one other club. And you wonder why people who were pulling for City a few years ago arent anymore
Today I saw a video saying 10 years ago it was Crouchy scoring the header that got us Champion's League while City missed out. A lot can change in a decade, clearly. :LOL:

D

Deleted member 16999

I absolutely, 99% agree with you, why only 99%? Because some opposition fans will take great delight in City not winning the CL.

Nobody should see City “only” winning the PL and Carabao Cup as failure, but let’s be honest, some will use it as an axe to grind.