The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
For me, one of the best windows I can remember.
Especially when it turns out that Sancho has gone and Sterling hasn't arrived!
Ugarte and Kone now in and, sadly but understandably, McTominay has now gone.
I think United have sold or released nineteen players and freed up a humungous amount of wages.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
I think United have sold or released nineteen players and freed up a humungous amount of wages.

On paper, the best window we’ve had in years. Gone are the days of marquee signings, made with no plan in place. Gone, seemingly, are the days when we found it impossible to sell.

Instead, we have successfully moved a number of players on, or allowed contracts to run down. And we have identified a longer term plan, and the players to fit that plan, and gone about bringing those players in.

No superstar arrivals, but players who will hopefully make a difference, both individually and collectively. If we can keep them fit long enough 😉

I cannot wait to see Ugarte. I’ve watched a little bit in the past and, boy, is he ferocious in the tackle. Absolutely what we’ve been needing for a while.

Swango1980

Visit site
I believe McTomminay is the 6th highest transfer fee OUT of Man Utd of all time. I find that quite remarkable (Dan James is 7th).

Personally, I'm so glad he has gone, yet I really want him to do amazingly well. Always gave his best, and could find the back of the net if the opportunity arose. But just found him very limited in so many other areas. Napoli fans looked to have given him a but of a heroes welcome, so love to see him do well in Italy.

Is Sancho gone? Hope so. Just got home from a night out, and Sky news says Chelsea still looking to complete a loan move. Thought everything was meant to be sorted by 11pm?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So another window "slams shut" (well not really.. as always the windows are ridiculous and dont all end at the same time... so players can still depart the prem just cant arrive in, unless a freebie)

Anyways id rate our business after this window a solid 8/10 .. believe I went 9/10 before but deducted a point for losing JWP and aguard who both I think had something to offer this season (both loans so can come back ofc)

Players in (9)

1. Luis Guilherme , young brazilian talent (honestly had never heard of him.. but its a 20 million punt on apparently a highly rated young player, after we signed some other players the pressure is off)

2.Wes Foderingham, experienced prem keeper on a freebie to be 3rd choice

3. Max Killman , in his first 3 games you can see why the manager pushed for him having worked together at wolves. Fits the way he wants to play. £40 million

4. Guido Rodríguez, freebie for world cup winning midfielder.. adds a bit of depth to the CDM role and looking better each game.. wont pull up trees but teams back up with Alvarez from Ajax days

5. Crysencio Summerville, absolute steal from leeds for "championship player of the season" reported 25 million. very excited to have him , we need a left winger

6. Niclas Füllkrug, 22 million pounds (rather than the reports that quote euros) a player who plays in the style the manager has had at majority of clubs he been at apparently. Jury out but im sure will bag some important goals.. 22 million is small fry these days.

7. Aaron Wan-Bissaka 15-18 million reported... really impressed with him so far. rated him for years.. been getting forward well and his defending his top notch. a real upgrade.

8. Jean-Clair Todibo Loan with an Obligation to buy next summer , wanted by juventus but they couldnt afford him and man united (blocked because their owner has some connections with Nice) excited to see how he does

9. Carlos Soler straight up loan.. added last night.. skillful spanish playmaker... will come in handy when paquata gets banned.

Outs

we let JWP, Cornet (Feel for him, shame about that injury) and aguard all leave on loan last

Saïd Benrahma sold for 14 mil (euros) Kehrer sold for 11 mil (euros) flynn downes sold to southampton for 18 mil (euros)

few others leave on freebies so a real overhaul of the squad (with zouma set to depart to saudi today I believe)

according to transfermarket website (in euros) its 144 mil spent with 44 mil sold (not including loan fees either direction) id say for the business we have conducted that is very good

squad looks much more balanced now.. and we let in a LOT of goals last year... defense is clearly where J-Lo wants to focus on at first

GK Areola , Fabainski, Foderingham
RB AWB , Coufal
LB Emerson , Cresswell
CB Killman , Todibo , Marvopanos (told alvarez plays there for mexico so will prob be 4th choice)
CM Alvarez, Rodríguez , Soucek , Solar , Paquata
RW/LW Bowen , Kudus, Summerville, Guilherme,
ST Fullkerg, Ings, Antonio (Bowen can play here)

a lot of the "forwards" as they seem to be now rather than "strikers" can play anywhere across that front line (bowen RW or up top, kudus RW, LW, CAM.. summerville LW/ RW etc)

very pleased thus far and look forward to hopefully only losing 2-1 tonight!!!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I woke to find DCL still at Everton, last year of his contract so he will walk for free at the end of the year 😡. Poor management, not Dyche, to allow that to happen.

We have signed Broja on loan from Chelsea, striker. We've been linked with him for years, it's finally happened. He should fit in well, out injured until October, doesn't score many 🙄.

Ah well, on the whole, a decent window for us, in the current circumstances.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I woke to find DCL still at Everton, last year of his contract so he will walk for free at the end of the year 😡. Poor management, not Dyche, to allow that to happen.

We have signed Broja on loan from Chelsea, striker. We've been linked with him for years, it's finally happened. He should fit in well, out injured until October, doesn't score many 🙄.

Ah well, on the whole, a decent window for us, in the current circumstances.

Broja I am very interested to see how he does. We were linked with him for like a year and that injury happened. Be good to see him do well. Thought Ipswich was gonna be his move

Don't get dcl , such a great player .. maybe will leave in January?

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
I believe McTomminay is the 6th highest transfer fee OUT of Man Utd of all time. I find that quite remarkable (Dan James is 7th).

Personally, I'm so glad he has gone, yet I really want him to do amazingly well. Always gave his best, and could find the back of the net if the opportunity arose. But just found him very limited in so many other areas. Napoli fans looked to have given him a but of a heroes welcome, so love to see him do well in Italy.

Is Sancho gone? Hope so. Just got home from a night out, and Sky news says Chelsea still looking to complete a loan move. Thought everything was meant to be sorted by 11pm?

I really like McTominay’s attitude. Pity he wasn’t playing alongside more with the same commitment. But I agree that, despite his goals, he is rather limited. Certainly lacks pace. The fact so many United fans saw him as a crucial player rather tells you where the club is.

I actually think he’d have stayed but for the ridiculous profit and sustainability rules which now mean academy players need to be moved on to make clubs viable. It’s a bit of a nonsense. But, like you, I wish him well in Italy. Great club man, but not United’s future.

As for Sancho, the deal includes an obligation to buy next summer for £20m to £25m, so United have taken a huge hit. It seems the recent reintegration was managed in order to move him on, so yet another sign that Ashworth, Wilcox and Co are truly getting to grips with the task. I’m delighted he’s gone, and hope we are not picking up his wage bill. From Chelsea’s perspective yet another truly bizarre bit of business given the attacking players they already have. I’m really not sure how they are getting away with it.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Broja I am very interested to see how he does. We were linked with him for like a year and that injury happened. Be good to see him do well. Thought Ipswich was gonna be his move

Broja, lots of talent and promise, endless injuries. If we can keep him fit..... ...

DCL, unless he is scoring bucket loads I'd take whatever is offered in January, just to get something.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Broja, lots of talent and promise, endless injuries. If we can keep him fit..... ...

DCL, unless he is scoring bucket loads I'd take whatever is offered in January, just to get something.

Is broja not just another DCL in the sense of lots of talent and promise but endless injuries? if you can get them to only be injured when the other is fit you are golden!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Is broja not just another DCL in the sense of lots of talent and promise but endless injuries? if you can get them to only be injured when the other is fit you are golden!
Ha ha. Newcastle seem to manage that with Isaak and Wilson. It's a good trick to pull off.

I'll take anyone who can score a goal, I'm not fussy 😄

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site

Great player?
For me he's barely above average and seems a bit too injury prone.