The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Livramento has been excellent for Newcastle, now first choice over Trippier. If James is going to continue with his injury streak then he should be next in line to replace Walker. Personally, I think Walker has another year or two in him at international level but Livramento should definitely be blooded and be ready to take over.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
Gomes, Gibbs-White, Livramento and Madueke all played for Carsley at U21 level, maybe he see’s/knows something we don’t.🤷‍♂️

Good luck to him as interim manager as he’ll be on a hiding to nothing from some whatever he does.

and Elliot as an example was one of his mainstays for the u21’s

Livramento and Gibbs White , performed well for their teams over the last 12 months

Madueke has had one decent game

Gomes stats in Lille aren’t much

But all young players - not too much of an issue

But the likes of Maguire and Grealish coming back in 🤷‍♂️

Pin-seeker

Visit site

Livramento and Gibbs White , performed well for their teams over the last 12 months

Yeah scoring a hat trick is pretty “decent” tho 🤷‍♂️😂

Pin-seeker

Visit site

I suspect it’s down to lack of game time at club level with Elliot 👍🏻

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I think Maguire is the worse call of the lot. I can see why he'd want players he's had at U21 and that is the sort of progression we see from other nations where players come through the U21's and are then slowly integrated an played at full level. Somethin I think Southgate failed to do a lot.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Yes I dare say you’re right.

I’m not his biggest fan. A very annoying individual.

Far as I’m concerned with fixture congestion for the teams in Europe - tough titties. Deal with it. They all have strength in depth of their squads that the vast majority of the rest of the teams can only dream of. You qualify for Europe, you accept the fact that you have to play more games, simple as that. You shouldn’t get any form of preferential treatment for domestic competitions.

I do agree that clubs need to deal with the fixture congestion if they qualify for Europe, but it sounds as though, on this occasion, it’s just not achievable. It literally would mean a team playing twice in 48 hours if the draw had brought two of the six sides together.

This is a situation of UEFA’s making, primarily as a result of their greed in expanding the Champion’s League. If not for that it would have been very much as you were in this country. So I do think, on this occasion only, it’s a little harsh to point the finger at the clubs. The situation is not really one of their making.

The only other option, of course, would be for the clubs to withdraw from the Carabao Cup. And we all know the flack they would get for doing that.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Ben White and Trent should be the right backs now. The new manager will need to pull his finger out and get White back into the fold of course. But he plays right back for the best defence in the league, it's a no-brainer.
Ben White is still declaring himself unavailable.

We have a new manager in place, if White has any genuine desire to play for England then he should at least be making an effort to meet the new management team halfway to discuss his issues.

Personally...he can rot where he is until he sucks that bottom lip in.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

We have a new manager in place, if White has any genuine desire to play for England then he should at least be making an effort to meet the new management team halfway to discuss his issues.

I understood it that he had an issue with Steve Holland, who has now left. And from what I read about it, I think Holland was the AH in that scenario, but we can each make our own minds up about that. Perhaps Carsley will keep the status quo for now, but I hope the new permanent manager will have a serious talk with White about him coming back into the fold. If not, it would be a massive shame, because he is who I'd want to replace Walker right now when up against a world class winger.

Pin-seeker

Visit site

Yep,if White wants to play for England that’s up to him to say so.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site

I'm sure he's more than willing to do so. Show off those lovely white teeth against the Trump-esque orange face :)

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
Ok - I have not a clue about the CL draw

LIVERPOOL will play Real Madrid (home), Leipzig (away), Bayer Leverkusen (home), AC Milan (away), Lille (home), PSV (away), Bologna (home) and Girona (away).

MANCHESTER CITY play Inter Milan (home), PSG (away), Club Bruges (home), Juventus (away), Feyenoord (home), Sporting Lisbon (away), Sparta Prague (home), Slovan Bratislava (away).

ARSENAL play PSG (home), Inter Milan (away), Shakhtar Donetsk (home), Atalanta (away), Dinamo Zagreb (home), Sporting Lisbon (away), Monaco (home), Girona (away).

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
CELTIC will play ASTON VILLA (away), plus Leipzig (home), Borussia Dortmund (away), Club Bruges (home), Atalanta (away), Young Boys (home), Dinamo Zagreb (away), Slovan Bratislava (home).

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
ASTON VILLA will play Bayern Munich (home), Leizpig (away), Juventus (home), Club Bruges (away), Celtic (home), Young Boys (away), Bologna (home) and Monaco (away).

That somehow seems an easier bunch of games compared to the three other English teams

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
In other news, whoever was asked to do due diligence on Mason Mount before he signed for United should be sacked. Injured, again. Out for several weeks, again.

An injury waiting to happen, that one.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
ASTON VILLA will play Bayern Munich (home), Leizpig (away), Juventus (home), Club Bruges (away), Celtic (home), Young Boys (away), Bologna (home) and Monaco (away).

That somehow seems an easier bunch of games compared to the three other English teams
Every team gets 2 opponents from each pot, so it doesn’t really matter which pot you are in, it is entirely likely that a team in pot 4 will get an easier draw than a team in pot 1.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
In other news, whoever was asked to do due diligence on Mason Mount before he signed for United should be sacked. Injured, again. Out for several weeks, again.

An injury waiting to happen, that one.

Is he tho? Before he got to you his games per season at Chelsea

Before that he two seasons on loan

44 and 39 appearances

I'd worry more about what the man united team are doing