The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
:LOL:
Walker will be 36 at the World Cup, we don't need to be relying on players of that age when we have other talent in that area. Kane will only be 32-33 though and likely still one of the best strikers in the world - despite one poor tournament where he 'only' managed to be the joint top scorer with 3 goals.
Ah stats.
Well here's one.
Who was the only English player to feature in the Team of the tournament.
I will give you a clue, it’s not the joint top scorer 😉
Here’s another. You want him dropped. 😂👍

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Why Walker. Who is as consistent as him at the moment. What the new manager needs to do is bed new with old. Kane needs to move to one side before Walker does judging by the last tournament
Walker was poor at the euros.
Still a good defender,but some of his passing/crossing was terrible imo.
Time to look to the future,we shouldn’t need Walker to qualify for the WC & he certainly shouldn’t be going to the WC,so I agree I should retire.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Ah stats.
Well here's one.
Come on Tashy,Walker should have been nowhere near the team of the tournament.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
No does who Gomes is
Me neither - apparently a United youth player who is at Lille. Zero goals last season. 🤨

Livramento taking Trippier's spot for England as well as Newcastle I see. Gibbs-White is interesting - not sure what he really brings to the table.

Edit: How did Grealish get back in?? Haha. Almost missed that.

Last edited:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ah stats.
Well here's one.
That team of a tournament was a farce and we all know it. Walker was poor in the tournament, cost us at least two goals.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Come on Tashy,Walker should have been nowhere near the team of the tournament.
But who was better at right back, the three right backs that went were Walker, TAA And Tripper who played left back. He has retired, so the 64,000 dollar question is. At the moment would you play TAA in front of Walker. That has been done to death on here and I would suggest the 90% think not. So who would you have? There has to be someone but I go back to my original statement he needs to stay and nurture AN other right back to take his place.
Using that as my arguement. It was generally agreed that Kane was rammel at the last tournament. There were other strikers that could and should have had more game time. They didn’t. Hopefully the new manager will have bigger balls to drop players who are not performing inc Kane.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
But who was better at right back, the three right backs that went were Walker, TAA And Tripper who played left back. He has retired, so the 64,000 dollar question is. At the moment would you play TAA in front of Walker. That has been done to death on here and I would suggest the 90% think not. So who would you have? There has to be someone but I go back to my original statement he needs to stay and nurture AN other right back to take his place.
Using that as my arguement. It was generally agreed that Kane was rammel at the last tournament. There were other strikers that could and should have had more game time. They didn’t. Hopefully the new manager will have bigger balls to drop players who are not performing inc Kane.
Fair point 👍🏻
Not sure who replaces him tbh.
Would like to say Reese James,but unfortunately he’s made out of glass.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ben White and Trent should be the right backs now. The new manager will need to pull his finger out and get White back into the fold of course. But he plays right back for the best defence in the league, it's a no-brainer.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
Me neither - apparently a United youth player who is at Lille. Zero goals last season. 🤨

Livramento taking Trippier's spot for England as well as Newcastle I see. Gibbs-White is interesting - not sure what he really brings to the table.

Edit: How did Grealish get back in?? Haha. Almost missed that.

Guess Elliot must be a touch disappointed to see both getting in over him

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Ben White and Trent should be the right backs now. The new manager will need to pull his finger out and get White back into the fold of course. But he plays right back for the best defence in the league, it's a no-brainer.
Only problem with Ben White is he’s a massive 🔔.
Trent can’t be trusted at Right back 🤷‍♂️

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Only problem with Ben White is he’s a massive 🔔.
Trent can’t be trusted at Right back 🤷‍♂️
Do you think he's the only England player who fits that description? I don't!

I'd have Trent against your Slovakias and Slovenias where we have 70% of the ball, no doubt. White to play against anyone decent when we need a defender.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Agreed 👍🏻
But on the other hand you think Elliot should be disappointed, unused sub in Liverpools 1st game this season,came off the bench in the 82nd min in the 2nd game I believe 🤷‍♂️
Don't think Elliot has any grounds to be disappointed. I think you need to be playing regularly no matter what position. Otherwise it is hard to step straight into an international with limited game time.

PaulMdj

Visit site
Could also add that Madueke is a bit of reactionary pick based on one game
Gomes, Gibbs-White, Livramento and Madueke all played for Carsley at U21 level, maybe he see’s/knows something we don’t.🤷‍♂️

Good luck to him as interim manager as he’ll be on a hiding to nothing from some whatever he does.