The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Almost like they want a City v Arsenal/Liverpool/United final. What chance do other sides have if its that rigged

Wasnā€™t it done because of the extended Championā€™s League format? It was to prevent teams in the CL from being drawn against those in the Europa League because it would have resulted in a fixture clash. So letā€™s blame UEFA, not the authorities in this country.

Iā€™m not saying I support it, but I certainly understand why it has been done. You canā€™t have a fixture pile up as early as September.

Swango1980

Visit site
I bet if the League Cup draw was done as per normal, managers and fans of the European teams would have been moaning like crazy that the authorities in the UK do nothing to support the British sides when it comes to their European challenge. Basically, they can't win.

Swango1980

Visit site
Just read an article on BBC where Salah has said he has a year left, so let's just enjoy it. He left it open as to whether he'll sign a new one or not, but sounds like there is a fair possibility that after the year is done, he'll consider going somewhere else.

Question is, going back a year when Liverpool rejected an offer of Ā£150 million from Al-Ittihad, would this have been the best option? Cash in for that amount of money (I think he was 30 at the time), or keep him another couple of years and let him walk for free?

Don Barzini

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Almost like they want a City v Arsenal/Liverpool/United final. What chance do other sides have if its that rigged

They were chatting about it on Talk Sport last night and Gaby Agbonlahor was arguing in its favour. The best argument he seemed able to come up with was ā€œWell itā€™s good for teams like Barrow who might get an away day at the Ethiad or Old Traffordā€. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
They were chatting about it on Talk Sport last night and Gaby Agbonlahor was arguing in its favour. The best argument he seemed able to come up with was ā€œWell itā€™s good for teams like Barrow who might get an away day at the Ethiad or Old Traffordā€. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Thatā€™s because Gaby Agbonlahor is too gormless to realise that, if Manchester City play a Championā€™s League game on a Tuesday, they canā€™t then play a Carabao Cup game on the Wednesday.

šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™‚ļø

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just read an article on BBC where Salah has said he has a year left, so let's just enjoy it. He left it open as to whether he'll sign a new one or not, but sounds like there is a fair possibility that after the year is done, he'll consider going somewhere else.

Question is, going back a year when Liverpool rejected an offer of Ā£150 million from Al-Ittihad, would this have been the best option? Cash in for that amount of money (I think he was 30 at the time), or keep him another couple of years and let him walk for free?
Probably similar to how I felt with Kane. When you have a player of that level, it's impossible to replace them, so from a fan's perspective you just want that player to stay as long as possible. Even if it isn't the best financial decision for the club.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site

Keep him until he wants to leave himself

He didnā€™t want to go to Saudi and the club wonā€™t sell him just to get money

And even then money in will never guarentee the same output that Salah gives you

He looks at home this season and just like last time when he was coming to a year left he will be very relaxed

I can see it at 50:50 at the moment and if he does go I suspect itā€™s MLS

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I bey you're now glad that there was no VAR.
Why does VAR have to be used from round 1 in order for it to be fair!

Not really .. feels like we wronged Bournemouth, var shouldn't be in the entire tournament if it's not in that round is the point. If a goal is disallowed in the tournament that was like that one just rubs salt in the wounds for Bournemouth when the tech was available to be used at the stadium, it's not like it was a ground without the set up. Everything is there. Just lazy

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Keep him until he wants to leave himself

He didnā€™t want to go to Saudi and the club wonā€™t sell him just to get money

And even then money in will never guarentee the same output that Salah gives you

He looks at home this season and just like last time when he was coming to a year left he will be very relaxed

I can see it at 50:50 at the moment and if he does go I suspect itā€™s MLS
Why MLS? Not much better than the Saudi league and at least there will still be a reasonable cash offer to take him there

Don Barzini

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Thatā€™s because Gaby Agbonlahor is too gormless to realise that, if Manchester City play a Championā€™s League game on a Tuesday, they canā€™t then play a Carabao Cup game on the Wednesday.

šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™‚ļø

Yes I dare say youā€™re right.

Iā€™m not his biggest fan. A very annoying individual.

Far as Iā€™m concerned with fixture congestion for the teams in Europe - tough titties. Deal with it. They all have strength in depth of their squads that the vast majority of the rest of the teams can only dream of. You qualify for Europe, you accept the fact that you have to play more games, simple as that. You shouldnā€™t get any form of preferential treatment for domestic competitions.

Tashyboy

Please donā€™t ask to see my tatts šŸ‘
Visit site
Right decision. Hopefully Walker follows suit and we can get the next generation bedded in on the right, before the tournament arrives.
Why Walker. Who is as consistent as him at the moment. What the new manager needs to do is bed new with old. Kane needs to move to one side before Walker does judging by the last tournament

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Why Walker. Who is as consistent as him at the moment. What the new manager needs to do is bed new with old. Kane needs to move to one side before Walker does judging by the last tournament
:LOL:
Walker will be 36 at the World Cup, we don't need to be relying on players of that age when we have other talent in that area. Kane will only be 32-33 though and likely still one of the best strikers in the world - despite one poor tournament where he 'only' managed to be the joint top scorer with 3 goals.