The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Maybe this transfer window will be remembered for many clubs managing to get rid of their big flop signings :)

What next, Antony to Bayern Munich?
I think Nunez is a great back up player for the top sides who can afford the fee and wages but I don't see him as an answer and can't think of any of the top 6 (perhaps with the exception of Spurs) that he could threaten a starting place

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Or here

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Or here

Seriously Homer just stop it now 🤦‍♂️😂😂

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Your dislike of Sterling is weird. He seems to get hate from a lot of people that I don't think he deserves. He had a spell around 2019 where he was genuinely world class, for City and England. He lost form a little bit around his Chelsea move and has been usurped as the main man by Palmer somewhat. But it's been hard for anyone else to shine in that basketcase club lately. I hope he gets a good move and gets his form back.
And there you have it wrong straight away. It is odd how when he played for City we as fans had to defend him, especially from Utd fans that he was capable of missing sitters. Yet there train of thought now is that he is better than what we have now. If that makes it ok then fair do. He is now a seasoned pro and to come out with his statement like he did. How did he think it would end. When he had his opportunities at Chelsea, he hardly set the world on fire. I don’t wish him any ill feelings at all, and I have a feeling his agent could be behind some of this but like I have said. Utd have problems on the park and I don’t think Sterling is the answer to those problems. Like you have said and me, Palmer is on fire and Sterling is not.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
When we bought Sterling I was underwhelmed, at best. Really didn't rate him. I changed that opnion though and think Pep really got the best out of him. For a while he really looked the real deal, albeit always prone to glaring errors and never with a quality touch. He became a finisher though and popped up and scored vital goals. His form definitely dropped though, not sure why, maybe not playing as much or fatigue or just a lack of form he never recovered from.

Of course I don't knw him BUT he has always appeared a professional who works hard to be his best and also for his family. Of course the money is something he desired and chased but I never thought at the detriment to his desire to play the game he loves, and do that every match.

Chelsea has been the graveyard of many a decent player.
Adding to this Amanda it is not a coincidence that two coaches got Sterling to play his best, they helped to develop him. He has not kicked on at Chelsea and I cannot see TH doing the same at Utd. Time will tell.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
“Liverpool forward Darwin Nunez, 25, has been the subject of some social media rumors”

did you read it Homer?
On social media on Tuesday, rumors that Arsenal, in need of a reliable number nine, could move for Nunez before the transfer deadline. "Improbable but not impossible," was the verdict. Seems a lot of different sources are all suddenly coming up with the same rumour. If it had come from one or two sources then maybe, but the fact the likes of the Standard and Express have it as well makes you wonder if there may be more to it

Pin-seeker

Visit site
On social media on Tuesday, rumors that Arsenal, in need of a reliable number nine, could move for Nunez before the transfer deadline. "Improbable but not impossible," was the verdict. Seems a lot of different sources are all suddenly coming up with the same rumour. If it had come from one or two sources then maybe, but the fact the likes of the Standard and Express have it as well makes you wonder if there may be more to it
All rumours.
It’s getting to the end of the window 👍🏻